Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55RU7470UXXU Freesat not working - UK

(Topic created on: 09-05-2020 08:09 PM)
Kamila86
Student
Options

Hi All, 

I just got above Samsung television. Main reason for the purchase was so that i cancel my sky contract and use freesat instead. 

I went through initial set up. All channel list is showing but when i choose a channel tv display 'services not available ' or ' no signal ' . Im super confused. Plus when im entering my post code it keep says its invalid. 

Please help! Im using already existing sky dish ( had sky q in the past) .

Thank you in advance 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
MattJ1
First Poster
Options

@Kamila86 wrote:

Hi All, 

I just got above Samsung television. Main reason for the purchase was so that i cancel my sky contract and use freesat instead. 

I went through initial set up. All channel list is showing but when i choose a channel tv display 'services not available ' or ' no signal ' . Im super confused. Plus when im entering my post code it keep says its invalid. 

Please help! Im using already existing sky dish ( had sky q in the past) .

Thank you in advance 

Hi Kamil,

I have just come across your post while searching the exact same issue you are having. I have the same model TV as you and are unable to get the Freesat channels with a sky dish. It also keeps saying that my postcode is invalid when searching for channels. 

Did you manage to get this sorted out?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Likes
Kamila86
Student
Options

Hi Matt, 

Unfortunately not. Emailed freesat directly and awaiting response. 

Kamila 

0 Likes
MattJ1
First Poster
Options

@Kamila86 wrote:

Hi Matt, 

Unfortunately not. Emailed freesat directly and awaiting response. 

Kamila 

Thanks for your prompt reply Kamila. 
We have emailed Freesat too and are awaiting a reply. Let's hope this is something that is easily fixed. I have a feeling it might have something to do with the firmware. 

fingers crossed we don't wait for a reply too long. 

Matt. 

0 Likes
Adakitman
Explorer
Options

Sky Q uses a wideband LNB connection which might be why you don't receive channels through your tv, not sure if any TV's at the moment use wideband for Freesat. If you have access to your dish you can replace this LNB with a hybrid you can then run new cables to your tv for Freesat. If that isn't an option you can buy a wideband Freesat box which will use the existing Sky Q cables. Hope that makes sense but there are many reports on this on the net that can probably explain it better than I have!

goonhill
First Poster
Options

Hi I am new to this site and have purchased TV The Frame model that comes with Connect Box which has on the back of this box it has both Ariel & F sat socket but no information in manuals so am I wrong to assume that 43inch 03T model comes with both Freesat & Freeview? Also existing Freesat cable that works on twin cable F sockets to Old Humax box connected to the “ Connect Box “ with HDMI but I was thinking that I could do away with Humax box & take single cable to new Connect Box leave the redundant cable taped up !

Would this work? Or do I have to somehow get a reverse split box if they make such thing and run old twin sat cable to split to one cable to Connect?( twin cable in to one cable out  )

0 Likes
Freesat1
Apprentice
Options

Any update on this?

thank you. 

0 Likes
goonhill
First Poster
Options

I got Freesat to work by taking out normal ariel ie Terrestia as the Connect box tends to use this as priority for tuning and then I took my dual cable sat lead that runs from sat dish to the usual place and rand only one of the wires into the back of the connect box and retuned to Sat as opposed to the default terrestrial and it works very well. I noted once or twice it sort of auto switched back to the terrestrial feed hence took out/unplugged the normal coaxial and it seems stable on free sat via the connect box so great news

0 Likes
Freesat1
Apprentice
Options

Thank you. 
I too only have a single coax from the dish going directly into the TV for freesat/freeview. However, although it finds the channels when I do a auto scan in settings, it fails to broadcast the channels saying no source found. 

0 Likes
goonhill
First Poster
Options

You say going into the TV? I have taken out my Freesat Box (human) as apart from recording function and time freeze it was redundant. I split the sat dish cable and only connected one of the wires to the "CONNECT" box supplied with the Samsung type of TV (not sure if you have a connect box it takes connections from say Playstation - Satbox but note my comment- Other cable boxes such as BT - I dont have sky but suspect that you would need both cable from sat going into sky box first then HDMI into Connect box. I disconnected the terrestial ariel going into the connect box as it tended to default to terrestrial channel feed and I like Free sat. The downside is the record function is missing as no HUmax box but you can plug a suitable USB disk into the side of Connect box to time freeze and or record but so much of TV is now stream I dont worry about this and if I needed to say freeze a sport event that was live I would use the BT box as that has storage disk but uses terrestrial channel feed.

0 Likes