Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55MU9000 - Unable to turn off screen when playing music

(Topic created on: 07-03-2018 06:40 AM)
Rahamin
Student
Options

This ability to turn off the screen when playing music is very useful when using applications like TuneIn. Even when playing music from youtube, many times you want just to listen, not to watch. Also, for many youtube music videos, picture is static.

I saw that this functionality was available for Samsung TV models until recently. For example: Turning off the picture but not the sound (2013-2015 TVs).

From some reason, this is impossible in my brand new UE55MU9000. If this is true, I believe that Samsung can provide such functionality in one of the next software updates.

Please...

110 REPLIES 110
Hal81
Journeyman
Options

Go troll somewhere else son

0 Likes
mi1ka
First Poster
Options

I have TV with the same issue - RU7 - I'm using app  OTTplayer - as workaround  - to listen radio.  From PC I have loaded m3u file with radio stream details and assigned it into the Samsung TV.   In setup of TV apps I have changed buffer to only 2 sec and all is in black.   It remember the last stream, so starting the aps directly  plays radio and dimm screen  ( I expect there is some hardcoded logic in tv,  that it turns off backlight if all is black, as the screen is really off)

0 Likes
Ttwyman
Journeyman
Options
The screen off function is under accessibility in settings on my Samsung series 4 TV
0 Likes
Sac
Explorer
Options

Was hoping someone was posting with a fix, rather than telling us what we already know, other samsung tvs have the function and the  mu9000 does not,  do you really think over  102 replies to this thread that not one person could find this function in the menu, please take the time to think before posting.

0 Likes
Ttwyman
Journeyman
Options
I did have think before posting but no I had not thought of that like I often don't because of my autism
0 Likes
Dynamiq
First Poster
Options

Very dissapointed of this new samsung Tech. Update these overpriced tvs so we can turn Off picture

0 Likes
DanielGos
First Poster
Options

Why is this still not addressed by Samsung... Models up to 2015 and then from 2020 have this, it should be a basic energy saving feature, why it disappeared for 5 years is hard to understand. 

0 Likes
Sac
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your efforts, yet totally time wasting for everyone that receives notifications for additions to this thread, as has been outlined in the thread there is no function for screen off in the menu for this TV

0 Likes
Sac
Explorer
Options

cheap tv, no....your laziness in not reading one of the 109 posts outling no apparent screen off feature......yes

0 Likes
rashadrazaq
First Poster
Options
Out of 110 you seem to be the only with nothing better to do than ignore ignorant guidance as you say it is.
0 Likes