Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55MU9000 - Unable to turn off screen when playing music

(Topic created on: 01-07-2020 09:18 AM)
Rahamin
Student
Options

This ability to turn off the screen when playing music is very useful when using applications like TuneIn. Even when playing music from youtube, many times you want just to listen, not to watch. Also, for many youtube music videos, picture is static.

I saw that this functionality was available for Samsung TV models until recently. For example: Turning off the picture but not the sound (2013-2015 TVs).

From some reason, this is impossible in my brand new UE55MU9000. If this is true, I believe that Samsung can provide such functionality in one of the next software updates.

Please...

110 REPLIES 110
AlucardEEL
First Poster
Options

Is that too much to ask? A simple firmware update that allow us to do that...

I have a NU7100 and it does not have ambient mode neither allows me to turn off the screen...

all I want is to put some LoFi songs on YouTube and go sleep without any light...

it's a simple update and will make us all very happy!!!!!

newsamuser
Student
Options

Hi folks, 

Just bought a TV today and wanted this feature. 

On my remote there is a button down at the bottom (under the 4 coloured buttons) called "AD/SUBT.".

If I press that it brings up a menu called "accessibility shortcuts". Second option on there is "picture off".

Works for me in BBC Sounds app and Spotify app on a TU7000. I'm listening to Spotify now, picture off, controlling it all from the iOS app through Spotify Connect.

Hope that works for you all too, and helps you get to sleep at night :smiling-face: 

Pressing Home button, or using "AD/SUBT." to enter the menu again brings the pic back on. Home is the better option as it's quicker and doesn't open any menus.

psxlover
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately the Accessibility Shortcuts in a Q60R does not have a picture off option 😕

0 Likes
newsamuser
Student
Options

Wonder if it's just an issue with the predefined shortcuts?

If I go into the full settings menu and go to the "Accessibilty" section under "general" I find "Picture off" is there also.

You try that instead of the AD/SUBT button?

If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.

0 Likes
SORINA
First Poster
Options

Hello, any available updates for screen off while playing tv?

Thank you,

0 Likes
Thiagofe
Apprentice
Options

Hi. I have just bought a Q80T TV and that function is in the "accessibility" options. Unfortunately a long way to get there, but fortunately available. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Thiagofe
Apprentice
Options

I have just found out on my Q80T TV (I'm from Brazil) that if I connect the smartphone with the TV on Bluetooth, the TV asks me if I wanna go to the music player (there's no such information about that). In the music player I can play audio apps and turn the screen off.

0 Likes
psxlover
Journeyman
Options

@Thiagofe wrote:

Hi. I have just bought a Q80T TV and that function is in the "accessibility" options. Unfortunately a long way to get there, but fortunately available. :smiling-face:

What do you mean with long way?

At least in Q60R that I have (which doesn't have any option to black out the screen), if press the volume button for 5s it opens the accessibility options.

Thiagofe
Apprentice
Options
Yes. Hahaha I found out that just a little bit later, after I commented here. Lol
I have installed my TV for 3 days now. Reading the e-manual yet. Before I had a UN46C8000, bought in 2010 and was working fine until this month. But it's screen stopped working properly. I'm not used to this new kind of control without buttons.
0 Likes
pjo65
Explorer
Options

And on the "R" models ther is no way to do it at all.

0 Likes