Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55MU8000 - BBC iPlayer won't load (error 02001)

(Topic created on: 07-11-2017 05:29 PM)
KC4
First Poster
Options

I have a new UE55MU8000. All apps and catch up TV works apart from BBC iPlayer. I have updated to the latest firmware release, tried wired and unwired connections to my BT hub and upgraded my broadband speed to the max available. I have rest the hub too. Samsung seem unable to provide any insight or solution to the problem. I have contacted BBC iPlayer via email and have had no reply. Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
loftygit
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I have a similar model to you a UE55MU6500 and I can't get any BBC app to play - I can choose a program/video but it just spins and then gives a error message or the My5 app which gives me a Whoops message.

If you look at the Samsung Iplayer help page here you will see that there are no 2017 models listed. Looking around the forums it seems this isn't the first time that Samsung haven't managed their relationship to iPlayer very well. One person even got a free tv stick from Currys so that they could watch Iplayer (because they wouldn't accept it back!)

We can but hope that one day we can have a fully working Smart TV.

0 Likes
loftygit
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

Does your iPlayer now allow you to atleast Sign In?

You are not alone see this discussion

0 Likes
PJ5
First Poster
Options

I Bought a new Samsung TV at the end of December 2017   UE55MU6470UXXU because our Panasonic vera could not play ITV player. I was assured the samsung would play all players ok ........WRONG! ......As you can imagine I'm more than A little P##%#% off with Samsung to find I can't play BBC Iplayer. I have the app loaded and the player starts, I can see all the programs but pressing play results in a long delay before a message says "SOMETHING WENT WRONG this is usually a temporary problem try another program or try later".  We have an excellent fibre broadband connection. We now watch BBC iplayer in the bedroom on..........yes you guessed it the original Panasonic  TV

0 Likes
hooperman
First Poster
Options

I have a fairly old UE40ES8000. Until recently iPlayer was working fine on my tv, but I am now getting the same error as everyone on the forum. I have updated the firmware on my tv using a USB stick and I have reset the SmartHub. Everything appears ok until I try to run a seslected programme. Then, after quite a delay, I get the message: "Something went wrong loading this programme". The code 02001 appears top right.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @hooperman 

Could you confirm the current software version on your TV? Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.

0 Likes