Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55KU6400 Smoke from Bottom Left

(Topic created on: 04-03-2022 05:23 PM)
Barrym
Apprentice
Options

went to switch tv on screen in bottom left flickered and white smoke poured out, pulled power out. I’ve had the tv 5 years what’s the process? As it’s out of warranty. 
thanks

Barry 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Sam_UK
Options

Hi @Barrym 

That's not what we like to hear. We've sent you a private message regarding this.

Barrym
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thank you for the prompt reply, I have replied to your PM.

Can it be fixed I love my TV lol.

Regards 

Barry 

Sam_UK
Options

Hi @Barrym 

Please can you click on your profile at the top of the page, click on Messages and reply directly to our most recent message with the requested details? Once received we'll be able to get this escalated to the relevant department for you.

dereal2003
Journeyman
Options

Hi pal.

how did u get on? got the same issue with another of theirs so just curious.  

0 Likes
Barrym
Apprentice
Options

Got nowhere really, I had to purchase a new TV, although they accepted some liability, they said I could have some discount off my new TV but it was too late, as I had already bought one. although they collected it was up to me to collect, ended up leaving the TV at the repairers. 

0 Likes
Elvis67
Explorer
Options

My advice for anyone else is to contact trading standards no matter how far out of the warranty the TV is.  What you described sounds like a manufacturing fault and is a serious hazard that could result in a house fire or even in the worst event death. There's no excuse for an electrical item to be a fire hazard. 

0 Likes
Members_9GA3xGI
First Poster
Options

Hello really need help

0 Likes
Members_9GA3xGI
First Poster
Options

Need to speak to samsung regarding issue with upgrade program 

0 Likes