Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55KU6000 Game mode, No HDR available?

(Topic created on: 28-06-2017 12:38 AM)
lowrider007
Journeyman
Options

I bought this TV recently to go with my PS4 Pro, the problem is when I use gamemode the TV does not automatically switch to it's HDR settings, for video services, netflix, 4k bluray etc, it works fine, but with gamemode on I have to manually change all the settings all the times, if you disable game mode it works fine but then there is too much input lag, please could you update the firmware so that when HDR is detected with gamemode enabled the TV automatically changes to it's HDR profile, as it is this TV is not HDR compatible with games consoles. 

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @lowrider007.

Are you able to check for us the current software version of your TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Contact Samsung.

0 Likes
lowrider007
Journeyman
Options

T-JZL6DEUC-1169.2

Thank you.

0 Likes
lowrider007
Journeyman
Options

No more info on this? 

Really is fustrating that the TV in game mode doesn't change the back light to 18, contrast to 100, and dynamic contrast to High like it does when detecting HDR content on non game mode.

0 Likes
TracyR
Options

Hi @lowrider007

Sorry for the Delay.

I've just been checking on this with our techy people.

The TV model is HDR compatible, it's normal that when Game Mode is turned on that HDR will disable. There's no software that will resolve this, as this is not a fault. 

What you can do is turn on HDMI UHD Colour, under the picture menu. 

Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > HDMI UHD Colour

:womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

lowrider007
Journeyman
Options

Please pass the following message onto the engineers because I think they will understand what I mean,

As standard when this TV detects HDR contect it sets the Backlight to 18, Contrast to 100, and Dynamic contrast to high, but while in game mode the TV fails to do this even though it does detects HDR content, now regardless of whether the TV processes HDR content while in game mode it would greatly improve our HDR gaming experience if the TV at least set the backlight to 18, Contrast to 100, and Dynamic Contrast to High while in game mode when HDR content is detected, these settings do not require any extra processing but they go a long way towards improving HDR games in game mode, you can manually change these settings in game mode with HDR content so why not have the TV do it automatically like it does for HDR content outside of gamemode?, right now everytime play a HDR game on my PS4 Pro I have to manually change the settings.

Please I would greatly appreciate if you passed this message onto an engineer, thank you. 

0 Likes
lowrider007
Journeyman
Options

Please pass the following message onto the engineers because I think they will understand what I mean,

As standard when this TV detects HDR contect it sets the Backlight to 18, Contrast to 100, and Dynamic contrast to high, but while in game mode the TV fails to do this even though it does detects HDR content, now regardless of whether the TV processes HDR content while in game mode it would greatly improve our HDR gaming experience if the TV at least set the backlight to 18, Contrast to 100, and Dynamic Contrast to High while in game mode when HDR content is detected, these settings do not require any extra processing but they go a long way towards improving HDR games in game mode, you can manually change these settings in game mode with HDR content so why not have the TV do it automatically like it does for HDR content outside of gamemode?, right now everytime play a HDR game on my PS4 Pro I have to manually change the settings.

Please I would greatly appreciate if you passed this message onto an engineer, thank you. 

aTomo
Journeyman
Options

I have the UE65KS7005 and it has the same problem. I would also like a fix for this!

Also pleas at changelogs to your software updates!

With regards