Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

UE55KS9000

(Topic created on: 25-04-2017 11:50 AM)
Allerton8
Apprentice
Options

Hi, have just purchased this TV. Only problem is that I cannot see how I can manage channels into an order that I prefer. I have freeview and not satellite. I did an automatic scan and the scan picked up 176 TV and Radio channels. The problem is that the scan has for example, placed Sky News on my TV channel 132, whereas I would like it on TV channel 6. There is no way that I can see to alter channel 132 to 6. 

My previous Samsung Tv,s all had the capability to manage channels.

Any ideas, or is it a feauture that has been removed? 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
JordanH
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @Allerton8

Have you tried the following steps?

Press the Home key on your remote and select Channel List > Press Arrow Right on your remote to view the options on the settings screen and select Edit > Select a channel you would like to change the channel number and use the arrow key on your remote to choose Change Number > Press the Number key on your remote to select a new channel number and press DONE. 

If this doesn't work and you still need assistance, be sure to give our Support Team a call on: 0330 726 7864. They're available Monday- Saturday, 9am-6pm. 

0 Likes
Allerton8
Apprentice
Options

Hi, yes I tried all of that, but unfortunately when you reach the last stage that you mention, only 2 options are available which is to "Delete" or "Exit". There is a third option which is not highlited and cannot be opened which is to "Rename channel". There is NO option anywhere on this model to manage channel numbers. There is an option to have them either in numerical order that they automatically scanned, or in alphabetical order, which is worse as this then puts radio channels mixed in with TV channels

0 Likes
GliMM
Journeyman
Options

Have you checked the following setting?

Settings - Broadcasting - Expert settings and enable Edit list

Now try the procedure as adviced:)

0 Likes
Allerton8
Apprentice
Options

Hi GLiMM, thanks, but on the TV, I have followed your route and when I reach Expert Settings, the options available are.

Country (Area)

Manual tuning

Transfer Channel List (import from USB or Export to USB)

Digital Text

Audio Options

I believe the option to manage channels was not added to this model, looks like I have to accept the channel that the scan placed them on...Frustrating!

0 Likes
GliMM
Journeyman
Options

That's weird.

I have the UE65KS8005 and have the same options AND the option to enable edit  channel numbers. 

R u running latest firmware?

0 Likes
Allerton8
Apprentice
Options

Maybe they left it out the 9000 series. I have latest Software update version 1168

0 Likes
GliMM
Journeyman
Options

Still not happy with this, never seen indications that software chould differ in that way.

This post still indicate that it could be done.

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/skp/faq/1034417

I hade the same issues as you describe at first, but when i found the setting to enable channel numbers i was good to go.

Perhaps it is called something different or is located somewhere else?

0 Likes
GliMM
Journeyman
Options

I have not tested this but you could export your channel list to a software that edit the list and then import it.

you have the menu option to do this atleast

I have the model named UE65KS8005 (EU Model naming) as I understand this translates to UE65KS9000 (US model naming) so it should be exactlly the same model (if I am not missing someting).

I have selections

Country (Area)

Manual Tuning

Fine tune (Greyed out)

Transfeer channel list

Edit Channel Number - Enabled

Delete CAM Operator Profile (Greyed Out)

Satellite System (Greyed out)

Teletext Language

Audio Options

Aerial Connection Type (Greyed out)

im also running version 1168

0 Likes
Solution
Allerton8
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I tried importing channels to a Memory stick, then viewed it on my laptop, but it was just loads of mixed letters, nothing that you could read and understand. There is nothing on this set that allows a straight forward movement of channels. The best solution so far is that I have deleted all channels that I would not normally watch so that I at least do not have to see them when I scroll down the channel list.

0 Likes