Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55JS8500 Light Bleed - Product Fault

(Topic created on: 14-11-2019 06:44 PM)
Schoey1701
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I own a Samsung UE55JS8500 curved UHD TV. I have owned it for about 2 and half years or so. Recently it started developing black almost 'bleeding' marks down both the left and right sides of the television near the bevel.  Also, the bevel feels hot to the touch. 

Is this a flaw with this design of television? If so what can be done about it? 

I am somewhat concerned as I have seen a video (link below) showing the light diffuser within the television having melted!

Samsung JS8500 - Product Fault - Melting 

Is this television safe to use? 

Also, as this problem is clearly down to a design flaw, what can be done in terms of repair? 

Finally, if I was to have this fault repaired would it just happen again and again?

Can you help with this request as a matter of urgency as I need to know if this product is safe to use?

Please see below for images of my UE55JS8500 during an fault test.

Kind regards

IMG_1145.jpgIMG_1146.jpgIMG_1148.jpgIMG_1149.jpgIMG_1150.jpgIMG_1151.jpgIMG_1152.jpgIMG_1153.jpgIMG_1154.jpg

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options
@Schoey1701: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. As the bleeding has persisted during the picture test, I recommend reaching out to a Samsung Support Centre to arrange for an engineer to inspect and repair the device. To find your nearest one please check the link below, select 'TV & AV > Television' and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

Please be aware that if your TV is over 12 months or the issue is deemed to be the result of physical or liquid damage then a charge will be applicable to cover the cost of the service and any necessary repairs.
0 Likes
framilo89
First Poster
Options

Hello, my TV is suffering from the same problem. 

Is samsung taking responsibility for this design flaw or should I just move on and never buy a Samsung product again? 

IMG_20200903_135627.jpg

IMG_20200903_135609.jpg

0 Likes
rolly_100918
First Poster
Options

Hello I have also suffering with the same problem with my TV,

Sad to say the general response I've got from Samsung Philippines is "SORRY the only thing we can do is repair with cost and we will base on warranty policy" this is very depressing we choice Samsung because we thought of QUALITY OF PRODUCT but Samsung this is the Quality you telling us? The unit can't even stand for 4 Years we bought our unit October 24, 2016 and the problem occurred last September 15, 2020... "INSPIRE THE WORLD, CREATE THE FUTURE" I don't think this is inspiring...Screenshot_20201114-094645_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20201114-094710_Video Player.jpg

0 Likes
rlucas
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

I am exactly experiencing the same problem... I use to trust Samsung equipments but this really start to feel bad about the brand quality...

16097570688282394635968040732878.jpg

I used 

0 Likes
R_Pardo
Apprentice
Options

Same issue, in fact I have created a new post yesterday about it:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/samsung-tv-js8500-defective-display/td-p/3643480

This is just a joke. I guess my next TV will be an OLED one. We'll see how LG works.

0 Likes
peterbon
First Poster
Options

I have de same TV and the same probles. Over lightining on left and rigth, and black cloudy on the top, about 30 cm. Is there any solution for a reasonable price ? will i have to buy another tv?

0 Likes
R_Pardo
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

From my experience, there is no reasonable solution. Samsung didn't do anything. What you can do to prevent the issue from getting worse, is to enable the energy saving modes, to reduce the power of the TV and prevent the LEDs from burning further.

My other suggestion is to get an LG OLED TV next time. You may get burn-ins at some point, but nothing close to this *****.

Regards

0 Likes
Greg300
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with a UE55JS8500TXXU,  light bleed and also back light 70 % gone.

I have contacted Samsung UK, not in warranty any more therefore not a Samsung problem. I have been told I am the only one to have this issue ...  Since then, I tell all my friends, family and colleagues not to buy Samsung any more as their product is rubbish and their support is a a day light fraud. I have been buying Samsung for the past 15 years, so they have a lost a good customer and many more, I will work hard on it!!

0 Likes