Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55HU8200T freezes

(Topic created on: 19-05-2020 06:24 PM)
Bennykill
Student
Options

My curved Samsung TV has started freezing. When it does none of the controls will work, on either remotes or the controls on the back of the of the TV. 
I can't do anything when it happens. input, volume, menu and power all stop working and I have to pull the power supply from the back of the TV to get any function back. 
even after pulling the power and getting some control back the TV won't turn off properly with and the white light on the front stays on and after about a minute it turns itself back on. 
I have tried resetting the settings, but after going though the menu inputting the code and saying I want to reset I get the warning that it will restore factory settings and will now turn off and then it freezes like that and doesn't turn off. I have left it for an hour  with no joy. 89F2C6B6-0D5D-49DF-AF6A-EE5AE28A0009.jpeg

B3D8662E-0FED-4A7D-BCC9-41FB4078CDDF.jpeg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
@Bennykill: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with your TV. If you go to Menu > Support > Software Update > Update Now, are any updates available? If you have any external devices connected to the TV, such as a set top box or console, please switch them off and disconnect them from the back of the TV to see if the issue persists?
Bennykill
Student
Options
Thank you.

Fully updated. I took out everything connected and that seemed to sort the problem. I then plugged everything back in and it seems to be working correctly at the moment.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Bennykill: That's good news. Keep any eye on it for now, and if you should experience any further issues then please let me know.
0 Likes
IainAF
First Poster
Options

I had exactly the same problem this week where my UE55HU8200T either refused to switch off or switched off and came back on within a minute. I was getting pretty frustrated and was considering calling a TV engineer. Having disconnected everything at the back; manually updating (current system up-to-date); removing the TV power cord; waiting 2 minutes before reconnection, the system appears to be fine.

Thank you.

Do you know why this happened (do I need to vacuum the inside of the set?)?

0 Likes