Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55HU7500, Sonos Arc and Sky Q Dolby Sound Issue

(Topic created on: 18-09-2020 05:04 PM)
steveboyeruk
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

I have spoken to Sonos and Sky, now its the Samsung community's turn to assist. Sonos say their Arc soundbar takes everything up to Dolby Atmos. Sky Q has Dolby and Dolby Plus (atmos). This TV has Dolby 5.1 which is the best i can get at present (need a new TV probably to get Atmos). But for some reason the TV only gives me PCM or DTS Neo 2.5. All the HDMI's are the latest up to date brand new cables. For some reason Dolby Digital is greyed out. 

I can only assume on this occasion, after Sonos is up to date and Sky Q is updated, that the TV is no longer updated and that there is some problem with software compatibility? Can someone at Samsung or the community confirm or present an alternative theory? I bought this TV as it said it was future proof, but it very well might not be.

I hope someone can help.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
steveboyeruk
First Poster
Options

So no one in the UK or at Samsung can help me on this??

0 Likes
seraphin
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem and I wish someone would help! I posted my question here:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/plz-help-ue48hu7500-connected-to-onkyo-avr-via-arc-only-pcm-a...

Please if you found a solution let me know :smiling-face:

0 Likes
steveboyeruk
First Poster
Options

Good luck, I thing that Samsung will

leave it high and dry. Sonos and sky q have explained the tech and issues. I suspect the tv isn’t as future ready as Samsung professed. I suspect the arc port isn’t up to transferring the sound from sky q and Sonos. Hence shaded out. No tech bod from Samsung has given a solution and don’t envisage any help. Good luck 

0 Likes
Davidgregg
First Poster
Options

@steveboyeruk - found your thread on Sonos and followed you here.. poor show from Samsung on no reply!!

Can’t believe we can’t get the arc port working for anything connected through HDMI.. not cool.

anyway.. if you are reading Samsung.. help us out!

0 Likes