Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE50TU8507UXXU 50" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV - will not turn on

(Topic created on: 18-11-2020 10:48 AM)
Stewart113
First Poster
Options

Hello,

My TV (model above), which is no older than 2 month started malfunctioning last night. First, during Netflix it froze so we turned it off and then on again. When it returned it seemed like it was fine however shortly after it froze again.

We thought it was netflix at first so we moved to Sky. 

The picture then started having what I can only describe as a snowfall texture in front of the picture. Turning it off and on again rectified it.

However today we have had the same problems and now the TV will not even turn on - we have tried unplugging after speaking to a Samsung technician which had no solution. The power button on both the remote and the TV itself make the standby light flash when pressed but does not turn the TV on. We had a booking for TWO WEEKS time for a technician to come to us and diagnose but the more I think about it this is not acceptable.

Has anyone had this problem before? I am starting to get a bit annoyed now.

Thanks,

Stewart

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Stewart113 

That's not what we like to hear. Where did you buy your TV from and are you based in the UK?

0 Likes
Stewart113
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris,

Sorry for not replying, I have only just seen your reply in my junk.

I bought this in Currys PC World in September.

Thank you

Stewart

0 Likes
Pottsy320
Journeyman
Options

This happened to me after 2 weeks of ownership, on a 55". 3 weeks in to the process and still a way off a replacement.

0 Likes
Stewart113
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris,

Can you escalate this query (and that of  ) as soon as possible, I am very angry with the service and this product and issue should be rectified much more quickly.

Thank you,

Stewart

0 Likes
Stewart113
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris,

The engineers came today and repaired. I am happy with this outcome. Please can you help Members_TVSYy9r?

Thanks

Stewart

0 Likes