Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE50TU8500 Timeshift Rewind Problem.

(Topic created on: 27-12-2020 02:31 PM)
Elvis67
Explorer
Options

Hello.

Could someone help out with a problem I am having?

I have a new UE50TU8500. I have only had it 4 days. I have run the software update and am running version 1460. No new versions are available.

There is a problem with rewinding live TV. It displays a message of "Not Available" when I try to rewind a live broadcast.

I can schedule recordings and the selected programs DO record and I can watch, pause, rewind and fast forward through recordings so all of that work.

I CAN pause live broadcasts and then rewind or fast forward up to where the timeshift started or ends.

It's just the rewinding of a live broadcast that will not operate.

I bought 2 brand new 500gb external hard drives in the cyber Monday sales. Both have never been used before. One was purchased to be used exclusively by the TV.

I have tried both hard drives and the rewind live TV feature is not available on both but the other features are. I have reformatted both drives to NTFS but the same problem of no rewind persists.

I have owned 3 different Humax Freeview boxes and my old TV all had the ability to rewind live TV so it's a standard feature. I have looked through the setting menus and can't see anywhere to able or disable this feature. Am I doing something wrong or missing a setting somewhere?

Happy New Year.

0 REPLIES 0