Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE50TU8500 - EARC HDMI port 2 doesn’t work - no sound

(Topic created on: 18-10-2020 10:47 PM)
MrBloggs
First Poster
Options

I have recently purchased this new TV through Richer Sounds. I have spent so much time trying to get audio from TV through the EARC HDMI port to my Panasonic Theatre System to work but to no avail despite trying different cables, all combinations of the TVs audio settings and power cycling everything. 

After reading several blogs on problems with Samsung QLed TVs I came to the conclusion that Samsung have an inherent issue with their implementation of this function on many if not perhaps all of their current TVs. 

Speaking with Samsung support in Philippines has been a waste of time and who never call when they say they will.  

I have spoken with Richer Sounds who kindly said they would test this out in one of their showrooms and next day called me back to confirm they themselves had issues with different audio products connect to the EARC port not working correctly if at all.

While in all other respects the TV is quite good, rather that return I have purchased an Optical to RCA converter on the well known rainforest website (my Panasonic doesn't have an optical input) and I can now enjoy sound as it should be heard in glorious 5.1.

I am trusting (perhaps being somewhat naive now)  that Samsung will want to defend their reputation and customer satisfaction by providing timely fixes to this issue and that this will be a “simple” firmware update.

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0