Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE50RU7092 voice guide doesn't turn off

(Topic created on: 08-02-2021 05:57 PM)
MariosNik
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have turned off voice guide from MENU>General>Accessibility BUT when i enter in Accessibility shortcuts (from remote control AD/SUBTITLES button) , the voice guide starts talking and it's really annoying. Please help if you know something more.

Thanks in advance. 

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@MariosNik: I believe that the AD/Subtitles button on the remote is simply a means to quickly enable or disable Audio Descriptions and Subtitles. To open the Accessibility Shortcuts menu, press and hold the Volume button for a few seconds to turn on or turn off the functions such as Voice Guide, Audio Description, High Contrast, Greyscale, Colour Inversion, Enlarge, Learn TV Remote, Menu Learning Screen, Subtitle, Multi-output Audio, etc.

Please be aware that even if the Voice Guide is set to Off or muted, the voice guide for Accessibility Shortcuts is enabled.
0 Likes
Robson030
First Poster
Options
so how do you turn it off!?
Mattandlyn
Student
Options

If you have voice control on your TV use that. It's a lot faster and avoids that anoying computer voice. I press voice button and say "TV subtitles on" or off of course. Turning the description off doesn't turn it off for the access ability menue and subtitles are something you can use a lot. It's very annoying. This helps though. 

0 Likes
Tatty73
First Poster
Options
So how do you remove/disable the voice for accessibility shortcuts, which is what the asker of the question is actually asking or is it impossible to turn it off.
AndrewL
Options

@Tatty73: If Voice Guide is disabled, it will still be active while you're in the Accessibility Shortcuts menu. 

0 Likes
Mattandlyn
Student
Options

Simple answer. You can't turn voice guide off in that menu even if it's off for everything else. Annoying and along with other silly annoying issues **bleep** me off buying another Samsung.