Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

UE50NU7470 - BAD Flickering issue....

(Topic created on: 19-09-2021 08:24 PM)
Stevie_C
Journeyman
Options

Started this morning, seemed to be no rhyme or reason.  TV was on about half hour, was watching a TV show and thought, their camera is broken.  Then realised it was the TV.

This happens on:

Xbox
Regular TV
Apps

It will be like this for a while then clear up, then start again, could be a space of hours, or minutes, have tried everything I can think of....

Unplugged everything.
Had the TV on a new 'circuit' to itself.
Made sure everything close to the TV was off completely (the only things close are the Xbox and gang plug and they've never been an issue before today)

Power saving's all off.

I'm a bit lost here.  I love my TV but obviously will be heartbroken if the board is going after 2 years.  Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this/what the repair might be?

Oh the only thing I haven't done is a complete software reset, not sure that'll do anything but willing to try if folks think it's worth it.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stevie_C
Journeyman
Options

So was going to buy a new TV tomorrow but thought I'd do more searching for the issue and possible fix, what it might cost and came across this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw1ybCnELm4

Amongst a few other vids saying similar things, it was a bit of experimentation but after 4 attempts (and a massive struggle trying to get the case off, it's still not sitting 100% correctly in one corner) I've got a 100% perfect picture no flickering and it had been flickering all day.

Sorted.  I R now a TV repairman.

Yes, it invalidates my warranty that ran out in 2020...

Imagine calling someone out from 50 miles away to do this for me....  Thanks for the support samsung!!! NOT!

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
jd1234
First Poster
Options

Did you ever resolve this? Mine has started exact same issue! Tried everything, so annoying.

0 Likes
Mentzas
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same issue.....guess it is time to visit samsung repair....again

0 Likes
Stevie_C
Journeyman
Options
Mine stopped after a few days. I Am wondering if there was an issue with the electrical supply or something as its not happened since.

Odd.
0 Likes
Stevie_C
Journeyman
Options
That said. Nice to see the quick response from the company... in 2024 maybe....
0 Likes
makj94
First Poster
Options

Hi Stevie,

I cant see your video for some reason but im having this problem is this the same thing thats happening on yours?

0 Likes
hellnick
Student
Options

Same problem here. It first happened about 6 months ago but then just stopped. Started again last night but much worse. Tried all the usual things but no improvement.  Anyone have any brainwaves?  My next TV probably won't be a Samsung as the lack of memory for apps was bugging me.

0 Likes
Members_ZnMsuZn
First Poster
Options

I've just had this on my TV, it was happening constantly.

I went on to tv device manager and cleared the memory and open apps, this has then cured the issue for now 

0 Likes
Stevie_C
Journeyman
Options

Where about's did you find this?  I still get this problem intermittently but today it's been happening for about the last 2 hours.  Can't seem to find the "Device Manager" you are talking about any idea where it is?

0 Likes
Stevie_C
Journeyman
Options

Yes, Exactly that.  At Random, for random times on random things.

0 Likes