Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE50KU6020 Not detected by SmartThings

(Topic created on: 10-07-2022 02:01 AM)
PatBoySlimUK
First Poster
Options

Hi All, 

I’ve had a new Vodaphone router in place of sky and while searching to add my UE50KU6020 TV it no longer comes up.

it was there previously , it finds the other TV’s in the house.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@PatBoySlimUK: Have you added the new Vodafone router to your KU6020, as your mobile device and TV will need to be on the same Wi-Fi network in order for SmartThings to locate it? 

PatBoySlimUK
First Poster
Options

Hi yes , TV is on the same network , I’ve separated the 2.4 and 5ghz networks and made sure both on the 2.4Ghz bandwidth 

0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried it without separating and letting the device auto select? 2.4 is not preferential as it can be flooded as every man and his dog are usually on 2.4 and its very overcrowded. Or try both on 5.
0 Likes
PatBoySlimUK
First Poster
Options

I have added them both to 5Ghz and still didn’t detect , SmartView finds it though , I’m a Computer engineer and have done all the standard stuff , even turned the firewall off on the router 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @PatBoySlimUK ,

Can I ask what phone are you using? Are the other TVs Samsung ones too?

I would also like you to check if your TV is running on the latest software version, which is version  1250.2. You can check this from the TV Settings> Support> About this TV or Contact Samsung. 

0 Likes
PatBoySlimUK
First Poster
Options

Both Samsung TVs are running latest firmware , iPhone XS Max and now IPhone 13 Pro max , I have also tried Samsung A40

0 Likes
Beamer_
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I am experiencing the same "issue".

Unfortunately the ku6020 series are not supported by the smart things app...

0 Likes
PatBoySlimUK
First Poster
Options
  • It used to , but appears they have dropped support now 
0 Likes