Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UE50BU8510KXXU] Spreading Black screen

(Topic created on: 20-05-2024 04:01 PM)
RayKim
Apprentice
Options

Hi All, 

when I turn the TV on, it has a spreading black screen, and then it goes off (or sometimes restart itself).

It's been 14 months since my fresh purchase. Can I have any advice, please?

black_screen_spread.jpg

Thanks, 

Ray

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
RayKim
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @RayKim  videos still to be approved, seems like general black screen issue though a bit different from some experiences.

Can you try a soft Reset by holding the power on the Smart Remote for around 5 seconds until the Samsung logo appears. does this make any difference?  

If not I suggest you power off the Tv and unplug at the wall for 30 seconds before trying again, see if that provides a solution.   check connections are secure, could try reconnecting  cables to see if that makes any difference.

For more  general troubleshooting see here https://www.samsung.com//support/troubleshooting/TSG01109749/#tv-with-a-one-connect-box-has-no-pictu... 

If issues persist you may wish to  contact Samsung Support, contact details here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/#product-support 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

RayKim
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your advice, @JAMES4578 

After trying about 10 times power plug off and left it a few hours, suddenly the issue has disappeared, and the TV is stable now. 

I didn't know the soft reset by remote control before, I will try it if I had the same issue again. 

Thanks again.

Ray

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@RayKim Glad it is resolved for now,  hopefully the advice  is helpful for any future issues.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes