Did you mean: 

UE50 RU7400 Firmware update

(Topic created on: 26-05-2021 05:26 PM)
helicon9
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a UE50RU7400 in the UK.

The support page shows a new firmware from 18th May 2021 version 1380.7.  My TV is on v1374 but when I do a firmware update check it says I'm on the latest version.

Anyone know if there is a delay between the version on the website being available for OTA update? 

Thanks.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @helicon9   Yes,  updates are  usually available to download via USB  before  OTA on your TV.  I often  download to USB and install on my TV.   Firmware is on this link should you wish to do it that way https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE50RU7400UXXU/ 

Whilst should be relatively straightforward instructions here for the benefits of members generally.  https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-update-the-samsung-tvs-firmware-using-a... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
USB is actually the better option than OTA. OTA can get interrupted mid-download. Also for OTA to work, you need to leave the TV in standby overnight and not unplug it but also make sure automatic update search is enabled in Settings.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes would agree @antikythera , though it is possible to update OTA manually.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yes if you know the broadcast schedule. OTA are available for a limited time, I don't recall the url but there was an digital terrestrial engineer website which had a list of OTA broadcasts for the coming month. Whether that still exists is another matter too.
helicon9
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the replies.
However I've just gone onto the support page to download the firmware and it's disappeared!

It's reverted back to v1374.0 but with todays date (26th May 2021) against it.
I'm guessing there was an issue with the 1380 update and they've removed it, maybe that's why my TV never found a new update.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @helicon9  Yes  on checking definitely reverted back to 1374.0.    Take it there was an issue with 1380.

0 Likes
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@JAMES4578, Do you have more details about this issue ? I tested both 1380.1 firmware and 1380.7 firmware and didn't experienced any bugs.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@kamil40013  Unfortunately have not found out further information thus far.   However 1380.1  has been removed from the Samsung support site in several European countries.   Thank you for your  input.

kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

I think I know the reason why the update was pulled out. Please check this message on German Samsung Community

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/samsung-q70r-hdmi-arc-problem/m-p/3515072/highlight/true#M990...

It is rare issue but it happens sometimes. Probably only when soundbar is connected.