Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE49NU7300 Fault soon after warranty end

(Topic created on: 25-04-2021 08:43 PM)
Sps
First Poster
Options

So having treated myself to a curved 49" Samsung TV just over a year ago, I now wish I had not bothered, and am left with a broken TV and a bitter taste in my mouth.

The left side of the TV has darkened (a VERY common problem with Samsung TVs), and having spoken to customer services my list of options is quickly exhausted at being pointed to a service tech who will charge a substantial amount to (hopefully) rectify the problem.

Having looked through numerous threads of customers in my exact position, I find it disgusting that Samsung refuse to acknowledge this as a problem, and expect me to pay their techs an extortionate sum, which I'm sure they will profit nicely from, to fix a unit which would have an expected lifespan of, at bare minimum, five years.

This is a widely acknowledged issue, which at best could be classed as a manufacturing fault, although my sceptical side tells me that planned obselesence may be the real answer.

I shall never be purchasing another Samsung product, having been a loyal customer and handing them a fair wedge of my hard earned cash over the years. I shall also be advising all my friends, acquaintances, and social media connections to avoid, and offering in detail my experience with Samsung, alongside the links to threads featuring hundreds of identical unresolved issues, all conveniently a few months out of warranty.

I feel these people deserve all the visibility they can be offered, rather than being told to suck it up by Samsung. Hey, marketing team, maybe there's a new slogan to attach to your overpriced, poorly designed televisions, and borderline thieving levels of customer support.

Samsung- avoid.

1 REPLY 1
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
By consumer law all electrical goods sold in EU which develop faults within the first 24 months are meant to be repaired for free by the manufacturer. Just because we left the EU does not mean this no longer applies. Samsung are being repeatedly let down by sub par customer service agents.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/dealing-with-customers/consumer-contracts-guarantees/consumer-...