Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE49MU7055TXXC brand new but remote had a deep scratch on top and TV makes a high pitch squealing noise when off

(Topic created on: 01-12-2017 09:58 AM)
Henrik_F
Student
Options

I'm soooo dissapointed. This is my first Samsung TV and the experience has been nothing but horrible. The TV arrived with a remote with a DEEP scratch on the remote, how did QA miss this? I thought no big deal, I'll just get it replaced. Turned on the TV and was happy with the picture. Turned it off and right away I could hear a static high pitch noise coming from the TV. At first I located the sound coming from the one connect box but as I unplugged it the same sound also came from the TV. It's beyond me how a unit like this can pass the QA-process of Samsung??? Guess I'll have to get it returned and buy a Sony instead...

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

That's a shame about the remote control but I'm sure you can get it replaced.

The high pitched noise is pretty much a standard complaint with lots of electronic devices, it's all to do with the power supplies and how they work.  In the old days we'd have a 50Hz/60Hz hum from an inefficient transformer, these days the power supplies work at much higher frequencies and the hum if present is now a squeal.

Does it stop after a while?  Sometimes the TV will remain on (even though it looks in standby) doing some other tasks and the lower power requirement and changing frequency of the power supply to lower this requirement hits a point that can be heard.  If it is like this all the time in standby it is probably the standby part of the power supply.  This may stop after a while as components bed in or may be permanent.  Another TV of the same model may be exactly the same, or start doing it after some time, or be fine.

If you can't live with it try an exchange.  

Regards 

Phil

0 Likes
Henrik_F
Student
Options
Yeah I realise electronics can make noise but this is so "loud" we're unable to sleep.. its also not in the same frequenzy all the time (like a 50/60hz buzz) but sounds more like static squealing.. very annoying. I will call the seller and Samsung and decide how to proceed but if this is to be expected of Samsung TVs this will be my last one. I have a 65" Sony that I bought last year that works flawlessly...