Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

UE49KU6400 Scheduled Recording

(Topic created on: 18-09-2018 09:45 AM)
dockofthebay
Journeyman
Options

Hello all,

First post - I am hoping someone has had a similar experience with their UE49KU6400 and can offer some advice.

I bought the TV about 1 month ago and am delighted with it. Two weeks ago, I thought I'd give the recording feature a try for the first time, so I purchased a Toshiba external hard drive.

First, I tested recording live TV as I watched it - perfect, no issues.

Next, I scheduled a recording for about 15 minutes time, then turned off the TV. The hard drive powered off, but right enough, turned back on in time to record the show while the TV was off. Perfect, no issues.

Next, I scheduled two recordings - one on the Friday evening, one on the Saturday evening. I turned the TV off on Friday lunchtime and then went to visit relatives for the weekend.

On my return, neither program had recorded. No errors or issues - just "No recordings available". The series link for the Saturday night show still sitting in Scheduled, awaiting the next episode.

It looks like that the Scheduled Recording won't work if the TV is powered off for a significant time... Is there some sort of Eco Power setting I'm missing? Surely I can't be the only one who has experienced this. Any help is seriously appreciated.

I have contacted Samsung technical support, and have a call open, but to be frank, they're wasting my time. Every time I speak to them, I get the following questions multiple times - "Is the TV powered on at the wall when you schedule a recording?".... "Do you leave the hard drive plugged in when you try to record?"

Thanks.

45 REPLIES 45
ctmc1
Apprentice
Options

Eyuppp

Many, many thanks. I tried disabling the 'auto switch off' function as you suggested and this works. At last! I have had umpteen conversations with Samsung support who were completely, utterly useless. Have been struggling with this issue for well over a year and had given up. Tried recording on both USB stick and hard drive but both failed unless the tv was switched on. It would work when I tested it after trying something new, but not after I had left the tv off for an extended period.

Many other frustrations with the TV eg no way (at least that Samsung know) to switch of the password for PG rated recordings. So when I record pretty much anything after 9pm I have to put in a password to watch it. Daft. 

But at least I can record now! Thanks so much again for your help, Eyupp

0 Likes
rushy7
Journeyman
Options

hi, i have a ks8000 thats had the recording bug since new.i updated the firmware yesterday and set up 5 recrodings over a 3 hour period and all worked !! ive never had this before so fingers crossed the firmware is a fix

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@rushy7 wrote:

hi, i have a ks8000 thats had the recording bug since new.i updated the firmware yesterday and set up 5 recrodings over a 3 hour period and all worked !! ive never had this before so fingers crossed the firmware is a fix

It did the same with mine and then stopped after a couple of weeks 

Paul

0 Likes
rushy7
Journeyman
Options

update mine messed up the recordings last night!! oh well

strange thing is my brother as the same tv only the 55" version and hes been using his to recorder for a good 12 months with no problem

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@rushy7 wrote:

update mine messed up the recordings last night!! oh well

strange thing is my brother as the same tv only the 55" version and hes been using his to recorder for a good 12 months with no problem

It is a known fault and I have posted my unteractions with Samsung CEO a few pages back. They can not fix it and I got a full refund.

Paul

0 Likes
Darekt
Pioneer
Options
Hi All, I have this problem from march, worked 3 times for 2 weeks, last week was talking to Samsung help 4th time but is useless.
What I did?
I started automaticly tuning, then in midle of it I turned TV off, then on and then I tuned automaticly again.
It's working for 2 days so maybe it's going to help someone.
Best
Darek
0 Likes