Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE49KS8000 scheduled recordings not working

(Topic created on: 14-05-2017 09:35 AM)
Socast
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,

my KS8000 is being a pain with recordings. After about 3 or 4 days it simply stops recording any of the scheduled recordings. I did a factory restore of the tv which fixed the issue for a few days but now I'm back to no recording. I didn't wipe the hard drive, however after restoring factory settings everything was working fine. Issue occurs whether the tv is on standby or actually on. External hdd is a 1tb seagate in a USB3 enclosure. I've turned off all eco settings on the tv and I'm now pretty fed up!

Anyone else having the same issue or know how to fix it ?

80 REPLIES 80
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@LolLeask wrote:

Hi I have been in touch with Samsung UK and they have said.

This is a known issues and apparently only a small number of sets have been affected. ( I don't believe)

They have no fix at the moment and cannot advise if one will become available.

I am in touch with our credit card and if not satisfaction will go to ombudsman   

How can they say there is no fix???  If it only affects a small number why don't they offer to replace the TV. Also if it only affects a small number then I find it very hard to understand why it can not be fixed.  I suggest it affects all the TVs but also suggest that only a small number have tried using this function as mist owners would use sky or other platforms. If they are say though it cannot be repaired then you all are entitled to a refund due to misrepresentation as this an advertised feature. There are tools and sample letters in the ks owners refund info thread. 

Paul 

0 Likes
LolLeask
Journeyman
Options

Capture1.JPG

0 Likes
ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options

A £50 voucher for a fault on a £1000+ TV....are they taking the Mick?

This should be seen as an insult & taken further. This is an advertised feature of the TV that hasn't worked since release.

So many Samsung products, so many problems...One day I will learn!
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@ToonTonic wrote:

A £50 voucher for a fault on a £1000+ TV....are they taking the Mick?

This should be seen as an insult & taken further. This is an advertised feature of the TV that hasn't worked since release.

I could be wrong but as Samsung new about this issue then you should have been informed when you bought the TV that it could have this issue when you bought it therefor you were miss sold the TV under the Oct 2015 European consumer regs which states a product must be as described. Samsung is saying they know about this issue and there is no repair so I would suggest that is a misrepresentation and under the regs, you are entitled to a full refund.

More info on that process on this forum

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/KS-Owners-Refund-usefull-info/m-p/579806#M14123

Paul

0 Likes
LolLeask
Journeyman
Options

I agree Paul as we have 3 sets, 49,55.65 and its only the 65 that has this problem.

My next question is what is the best value 65 inch as a replacement? 

0 Likes
LolLeask
Journeyman
Options

The set was £2,000

I think the £50 offer  was because  it took them so long to reply.

I have refused  any offer as we will be taken legal action.

Curry's have been useless 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@LolLeask wrote:

The set was £2,000

I think the £50 offer  was because  it took them so long to reply.

I have refused  any offer as we will be taken legal action.

Curry's have been useless 

I got my refund by going through the Samsung UK CEO office.  I bought my ks from Amazon and they also were no help. Took a while but got there. There email was at the bottom of Samsung uk support page. 

Paul

0 Likes
Neil6
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue with my 82" 2018 model, factory reset works for few days then goes back to not recording schedual recording only, manual recording and timeshift works fine. Samsung don't believe they have firmware issues as seems to be when the tv carries out a auto update that the issue occurs. Samsung are a waste of time, sick of sitting in the phone, tv is only few months old. I also have another two Samsung tv's in the house and the second dose exactly the same from time too time.
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Neil6 wrote:
I have the same issue with my 82" 2018 model, factory reset works for few days then goes back to not recording schedual recording only, manual recording and timeshift works fine. Samsung don't believe they have firmware issues as seems to be when the tv carries out a auto update that the issue occurs. Samsung are a waste of time, sick of sitting in the phone, tv is only few months old. I also have another two Samsung tv's in the house and the second dose exactly the same from time too time.

Yep seems they have not sorted out yet.  Report it to your retailer as a fault,  which it is. The Samsung uk CEO office know of this problem,  pity they do not inform their customers. I think they are hoping most owners do not use the feature and use sky. 

Paul 

0 Likes
LolLeask
Journeyman
Options

Had TV a year paided on credit card, getting full refund from Credit Card Company.

Thanks for advice

0 Likes