Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE49KS8000 scheduled recordings not working

(Topic created on: 28-08-2018 05:38 PM)
Socast
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,

my KS8000 is being a pain with recordings. After about 3 or 4 days it simply stops recording any of the scheduled recordings. I did a factory restore of the tv which fixed the issue for a few days but now I'm back to no recording. I didn't wipe the hard drive, however after restoring factory settings everything was working fine. Issue occurs whether the tv is on standby or actually on. External hdd is a 1tb seagate in a USB3 enclosure. I've turned off all eco settings on the tv and I'm now pretty fed up!

Anyone else having the same issue or know how to fix it ?

80 REPLIES 80
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@LolLeask wrote:

Had TV a year paided on credit card, getting full refund from Credit Card Company.

Thanks for advice

That's great.  Could you post this result on the ks owners refund result thread,  and how difficult was the section 75 credit claim?  Why section 75, was it because Curry's would not play ball? 

Thanks

Paul 

0 Likes
LolLeask
Journeyman
Options

Hi Paul, the section 75 is free, if you appeal againt the Banks decison it has to go to ***** and cost the bank a lot of money.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/cards/2017/05/ombudsman-requests-reform-of-section-75-credit-...

please feel free to post in other threads

regards

Lawrence

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@LolLeask wrote:

Hi Paul, the section 75 is free, if you appeal againt the Banks decison it has to go to ***** and cost the bank a lot of money.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/cards/2017/05/ombudsman-requests-reform-of-section-75-credit-...

please feel free to post in other threads

regards

Lawrence

Hi thanks,  was it Curry's and did they refuse to except there was a problem? And was it just for the recording problems? 

Thanks

Paul 

0 Likes
DavidHexham
First Poster
Options

We have a 3 year old UE40KU6400. It lost the ability to record from the guide.

I tried various suggestions from this thread - reset, turn off autotune - with no success.

It was bought from John Lewis with a five year guarantee, so I called them out and a relacement of the main PCB seems to have fixed it - at least for 3 days.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@DavidHexham wrote:

We have a 3 year old UE40KU6400. It lost the ability to record from the guide.

I tried various suggestions from this thread - reset, turn off autotune - with no success.

It was bought from John Lewis with a five year guarantee, so I called them out and a relacement of the main PCB seems to have fixed it - at least for 3 days.

Had exactly the same issue. Had a KS9500 that worked for a few weeks then stopped scheduled recording,  but would still do time shift and record what I was watching. Samsung blamed the USB drive,  then replaced the one connect,  and then the main board,  and it worked ok. But only for a couple of weeks then stopped. Samsung support were not very good,  so I escalated to the UK CEO,  who eventually agreed to exchange for a Q9F which I accepted.  It was at this point that the CEO office told me that they had on ongoing problem with scheduled recording and they did not have a fix. So I had to accept the replacement as long as I accepted that the TV may not do scheduled recording. I did and had the replacement,  which to be honest was not good. Compared to the ks it was so dull,  and eventually Samsung agreed to give me a full refund. 

I have waited for a while before buying a new telly,  but fell for the hype and bought the Q900R 8k telly from Samsung. Now had it for 3 weeks.  My son said hdr just looked to luminous,  but what really has annoyed me is this has now stopped doing scheduled recording. I would have thought with a £ 7000 telly it should work as advertised.  It is going back tomorrow. 

For you, this a built in function of the TV as advertised and if it does not work then you have to allow 2 attempts at repair,  then you can ask for a replacement or refund. 

I have posted the CEO email on the thread here,  ks owners refund more info. 

Paul

0 Likes
Hal1
Apprentice
Options

I had a couple of problems trying to record programmes to a hard drive with my Samsung QE65Q7C.

Firstly the “Too Many Reservations” error kept coming up. So I deleted all scheduled recordings to see if this would fix the problem.  It didn’t.  So I did a factory reset and this solved the problem.  I note that the TV can only schedule up to 30 recordings or viewings at once – so setting it to record 2 or 3 full series can take it over the limit. Once you go over the limit I think this messes up the TV.  So need to watch for that problem in the future.

Having eliminated the “Too Many Reservations” error, I now found that the TV would not record any scheduled recordings at all.  I did manage to fix this however thanks to someone’s suggestion on this forum somewhere.  I re-tuned the TV manually – not automatically (under broadcasting , then expert settings).    There are 7 or 8 blocks of channels and you “accept” each block that is shown in turn.  It only took a few minutes.

Scheduled recording is now working (so far….and keeping fingers crossed)

Hope this helps some of you with this problem

0 Likes
Mike0902
Journeyman
Options

Have you managed to get this issue resolved? I've got exactly the same problem with a KS7500 and I find it helps a lot if, when setting a programme to record, you set the programme before it to watch. That way when the programme you want to record comes on, the TV has activated the programme before it to watch, and even though the TV is turned off, it's actually been 'woken up' and is ready to record the programme that follows. It seems to work for me and very few programmes now fail to record so it's worth a try. 

0 Likes
Luc10
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

This problem has been frustrating me for months (I have 3 brand new samsung TVs in my house, so demanding a refund for all of them isn't ideal..!).  I just wanted to share with you all something that has at least fixed the problem for me right now...

I simply rescanned the channel list. Settings Button -> Broadcasting -> Auto Tuning.  It'll prompt you and clear all of the channels, but no major drama because they'll come back after 5 minutes or so. 

You'll also notice that the 'GUIDE' function will be much MUCH faster after doing this too, so it seems to fix other issues on the TV.  Clearly a software programming issue.  Why they haven't pushed an update by now baffles me.

I can confirm scheduled recordings work for me after doing this.  Sure, i'll have a limit of 30 recordings before the problem comes back as you have all observed but that at least means I don't need to factory reset the TV, clear USB devices etc. or go to the length of calling the CEO's office (well done by the way!) . Resetting the TV is a major pain if you all have netflix and so on already configured having to do that.

Hope this helps!!

0 Likes
Ralph2
First Poster
Options

That's useful info because I always found a better than average chance of a program being recorded if I switched it off shortly before the program was starting, and I left it tuned to the correct channel. Your idea sounds much better I shall try it thanks ( although I am waiting delivery of a DVR as I write because the Samsung scenario is just too much grief!)

0 Likes
Ralph2
First Poster
Options

Uhh OK Samsung Message Board works as well as their TV record... that previous message was for Mike0902 :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes