Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE49KS8000 scheduled recordings not working

(Topic created on: 27-03-2018 08:43 AM)
Socast
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,

my KS8000 is being a pain with recordings. After about 3 or 4 days it simply stops recording any of the scheduled recordings. I did a factory restore of the tv which fixed the issue for a few days but now I'm back to no recording. I didn't wipe the hard drive, however after restoring factory settings everything was working fine. Issue occurs whether the tv is on standby or actually on. External hdd is a 1tb seagate in a USB3 enclosure. I've turned off all eco settings on the tv and I'm now pretty fed up!

Anyone else having the same issue or know how to fix it ?

80 REPLIES 80
nevb
Apprentice
Options

Hi

My tv has been successfully recording pogrammes for many weeks. The solution was a tv  reset via the engineering menu. The user reset options did not fix the issue.

How this helps

Neville

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@LolLeaskwrote:
Hi we have the same problem, what was the outcome?
regards
Lawrence

After dealing with Samsung support since August over this issue,  having new main board fitted,  with no luck.  I contacted the um CEO and they agreed to replace with a Q9F but this was awful with HDR so they have agreed a full refund. Just now waiting for them to collect the TV. 

0 Likes
rushy7
Journeyman
Options

Ive reset my ks8000 via the engineering menu and it made no differance,only thing ive noticed that the rcordings ive set that have failed have always either stated at between midnight and 1am or have run into this hour period !! Any other recording or series link i do that has worked

0 Likes
rushy7
Journeyman
Options

for the last week ive set up all my records manually and eveyone has worked fine,a bit of a work around but for some reason it works

0 Likes
Ralph2
First Poster
Options

Latest update on my experiences: The TV said all my recordings (only four) were corrupted. Actually a couple of them I think it said something about them being encrypted or encoded or something. I reformatted the HDD on the PC. But the TV still remembered the programs and said they were corrupted, so presumeably that data is held in memory in the TV and not on the HDD? I could only get rid of them but maunually deleting them from the list.

The latest happening was when I programmed it to record a long program, and then turned on the TV to watch from the beginning. The TV went 'Oops I'm supposed to be recording this! Tum tee tum, I wonder if he'll notice if I just start recording from here?'

It's all a bit of a joke really.

0 Likes
Ralph2
First Poster
Options
Above - I meant the program it was supposed to be recording was about half way through transmission.
0 Likes
ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options

Has anyone found a solution to this?

I have a UK KS9000 that I've hooked up to a spared 250GB Kingston SSD via USB3.0 caddy. Recording schedule comes up fine, states the correct drive to record to etc. Performance test passed no issues.

Pause live TV worked fine.

Recording time came and passed, nothing happened.

I have done suggestions mentioned in this post included eco settings, auto tune off etc, but too no avail.

Any suggestions welcome.

So many Samsung products, so many problems...One day I will learn!
0 Likes
LolLeask
Journeyman
Options

Hi I have been in touch with Samsung UK and they have said.

This is a known issues and apparently only a small number of sets have been affected. ( I don't believe)

They have no fix at the moment and cannot advise if one will become available.

I am in touch with our credit card and if not satisfaction will go to ombudsman   

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@ToonTonic wrote:

Has anyone found a solution to this?

I have a UK KS9000 that I've hooked up to a spared 250GB Kingston SSD via USB3.0 caddy. Recording schedule comes up fine, states the correct drive to record to etc. Performance test passed no issues.

Pause live TV worked fine.

Recording time came and passed, nothing happened.

I have done suggestions mentioned in this post included eco settings, auto tune off etc, but too no avail.

Any suggestions welcome.

I had the same problems and had a new one connect and then a new main board,  which worked for 2 weeks and then stopped. The customer support had me taking photos,  resetting the TV (which did work,  but again for only a couple of weeks). I  got fed up with them and contacted the Samsung  uk CEO office and eventually they agreed to replace for the 2017 q9f.  Before I got it they sent me an email saying that I could have the same recording problems as it was a known issue with Samsung TVs. I accepted and guess what,  again would not record scheduled programs. The picture was awful and they agreed to give me a full refund. Also with the ks is the miss selling in respect to the USB smart things connect which most retailers said would be supplied by the end of 2016, which never happened and now Samsung have admitted they will not be doing so.  This is is misrepresentation and against the consumer law. More info is on the ks owners refund info thread.  There quite a few people using the info there, have received full refunds and now have a 2018 models that do work,  and also work with IPLAYER 4k hlg broadcasts. 

Also look at the ks owners refund results thread and you can see how many ks owners are getting refunds. Worth a look. 

Paul

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
Hi all you Samsung owners having problems with scheduled recording, it is a known fault within Samsung even though their customer support will not admit it. I had a 65ks9500 replaced by them due to this and they told me the replacement q9f could have the same issues and it did. It can not be fixed, and what is so annoying is the customer support tried to blame every thing from the USB drive, to wrong signals. Also I was getting odd advice from other forums like AV forums saying it was something to do with the transmitters hard drives and alsorts. I new they were talking rubbish as I also own a older 32 in samsung TV which works perfectly recording scheduled programs. It seems to be the newer models that have the problems.
I suggest you report it to you retailers as a fault and then look in the ks owners refund info thread and if you have time the full ks owners refund thread on this forum.
Paul
0 Likes