Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE48JS9000 overheating fire hazard display damaged due to heat

(Topic created on: 18-01-2021 07:02 PM)
Mairs
Student
Options

Have a UE48JS9000 noticed the display around ages had gone like a bubbles black and went to check and found the tv edge too hot to touch. Such a danger with 2 young kids. 

can any help or advise as the online chat service is rubbish. 

thanks 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
CarloL
Hotshot
Options
0 Likes
tvlover123
First Poster
Options

The same thing recently happened to my Samsung TV UN50J6300 that was in perfect working condition -recently I turned it on and the bottom left corner melted and the screen had the vertical white and black lines. When I went to touch the bottom left corner it was so hot to touch it burnt my finger. I reached out to a representative of samsung through chat on their website to get some type of assistance and all they said was to see if it was under warranty to be repaired... still looking for any type of assistance because I think that was/is an alarming response considering it is quite literally a fire hazard. 

Mairs
Student
Options

I agree with you completely they got a local tv repair company to take mine away for investigation, but because it was just outside of warranty. They wouldn’t replace it did they did offer a small discount if I wanted to purchase a new Samsung. But to be honest do a want to bring a fire hazard unsafe product into my home ? There seems to be an issue with these TVs that they are ignoring/ hiding. I personally feel due to the price of the tv when I bought it as it was the top one available I had it ordered in that they should of replaced it with the current top of the range along with some compensation for the hassle it caused especially for all  it would cost themselves. I have a Toshiba that is easy 12 years if not older working with no problems. But don’t think I’ll ever let a Samsung product into my home again. Andrew 

0 Likes
SereneH
Options

Hi @tvlover123, if you're based in the US we'd recommend contacting our colleagues over the pond via this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

giphy.gif
0 Likes
Mairs
Student
Options

It was already raised and as I said above the resolve was to insult me with a small discount off a new TV. Especially when I bought the TV it was the top of the range it had to be ordered in and we had to wait on it arriving.  Samsung was supposedly the best on the market. As I said though with a TV that expensive it should out live a cheaper Toshiba TV and has left me personally, that I wouldn’t want another Samsung product that appear to be cheaply manufactured and more importantly a Health and Safety Hazard in my home especially around young children. The least a company the size of Samsung could have done was just replace the TV with a new top of the range. But since when does the customer or customers safety matter!! 

0 Likes