Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE48JS8500 Dark Screen Light Bleed

(Topic created on: 14-10-2020 04:19 PM)
NeilDonachie
Journeyman
Options

I've noticed a gradual decline in the screen quality of my tv. The top half of the screen is considerably darker than the bottom half and I have light bleed on the edges of the screen. Even more worrying is when watching TV for more than an hour I have an egg shape black mark appear in the top left of the screen. The screen frame then becomes very hot to the touch. Is this a known fault and fixable, can this be investigated in some way. 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Mitrekab
Pioneer
Options

Like the fact 3 months later and Samsung silent on the issue! 

0 Likes
NeilDonachie
Journeyman
Options

Yeh unfortunately they have no conscience when it comes to faults. Having raised it with several depts at Samsung they basically said not our problem. But they were happy to recommend an affiliated repair company with a poor track record who would charge a ridiculous amount of money to simply look at it. Needless to say I have a tv almost ready for the skip and a new one to buy. Won’t be a Samsung though. 

0 Likes
Kai jansen
First Poster
Options

Same problem. But I have opened the screen up... 

Its a poor design job. And I'm happy that my house didn't cought on fire 

The LGP plate (that is defuser was burned to black) because the backlights become to hot and shorted out... 

0 Likes
Kai jansen
First Poster
Options

IMG-20211017-WA0001.jpeg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Kai jansen: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. Please can you confirm where you are currently based? 

0 Likes
Kai jansen
First Poster
Options

I'm located in the Netherlands.

I have found a simulair topic on the US forum https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/Light-bleeding-through-UN65JS8500-screen/td-...

And none of me sources got suitable replacement parts.

0 Likes
NeilDonachie
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for adding to this. After giving up on any support from Samsung I ended up buying a new tv (LG) when the screen on my Samsung gave up completely. Out of curiosity to see if anything could be done to fix it I opened up mine to take a look and saw exactly the same as what you have. Amazed my home hasn’t burned down at some point while it was plugged in. 

0 Likes
NeilDonachie
Journeyman
Options

84E98396-D9A4-43CC-B42A-BE64D55B50AB.jpeg

0 Likes
Kai jansen
First Poster
Options

I hope that samsung comes quick with a suitable and fast solution because this is a dangerous situation.

l give them 48 hours,  Before going through other channels.

0 Likes