Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE46ES5505 smarthub apps not working

(Topic created on: 21-11-2020 09:28 PM)
Darthzini
First Poster
Options

I've tried everything, but all the apps freeze to their death on loading. Downloaded the latest firmware that seemed to be from  2020 (v. 2010), updated it, reseted smarthub, reloaded apps, disconnected and then reconnected the internet... I don't know what to try anymore... It's bad enough that there is no youtube available... I know my tv is old, but it still works otherwise perfectly, I don't want to buy a new one because of this 😒

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
In the SmartHub , can you get into settings? Has the IP address been altered ?
0 Likes
Darthzini
First Poster
Options

Sure, but there ain't much to try... I've reset it couple of times. The IP address is on automatic set, I haven't touched it... Should I? 

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Or , giving the fact that the TV is that old , maybe they've pulled back any kind of support...
Only Samsung would know.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/#product-support
0 Likes
Darthzini
First Poster
Options

Perhaps... Sad, it still worked when the final season of GoT came out 🤣 haven't used it in a while

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
If you don't mind me asking , what app were you interested in running on this TV ?
0 Likes
Darthzini
First Poster
Options

There's a local national brodcast company with great content that has its own app and VIMEO mostly... But I guess I'll need to plug in my laptop with hdmi and use it from there :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Or you could use a Amazon Firestick if your TV has a HDMI connection
0 Likes
Darthzini
First Poster
Options

Ha, Finnish customer service reply in a nutshell: "it is not our fault if the apps don't work, we don't make them".  Right. Fine. *digging through closets for HDMI cable*

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
If you get an Amazon Firestick, you don't need extra HDMI cables. It's around 25-35 £ in shops. It plugs in straight into a TV's HDMI port
0 Likes