Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE46C8000 Vertical Banding

(Topic created on: 19-02-2021 09:45 AM)
Anachronist
First Poster
Options

Hi there, 

Our sterling UE46C8000 has recently come out of storage and has started intermittently exhibiting two vertical bands - one light, one dark - to the left of the screen: 

Bands.jpg

Sources are through a receiver so only using one input on the TV. Changing HDMI inputs makes no difference.

Often they will disappear on a scene change watching live material but with recorded material they'll stay until the input source is changed, or switched to menu/guide. Appears to be more prevalent with recorded material.

I can't find anything similar anywhere so if anyone's seen anything like this before I'd be very grateful to hear about it. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
B_Med
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Anachronist , 

For your TV i invite you to do a Picture test ,

Settings -->support-->Self diagnocis ->picture test .

If you have the some vertical band in the picture test then your Tv need a reparation.

thank you for your support.

Thanks 

N'hésitez pas à ajouter un compliment si vous trouvez que ma réponse est une Solution pour votre dysfonctionnement.
0 Likes
Anachronist
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your reply. 

No vertical bands on the self test. 

As I said switching the video source usually clears the fault, as will (occaisonally) a scene change/cut. 

I was wondering if it might be heat related but switching on from cold this morning the bands appear within five minutes with recorded material. 

The thing that puzzles me is it can be on off-air for several hours before they show up, but recorded is almost instantaneous and much more frequent.....

0 Likes