Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE43M5520AKXXU smart TV - sound equaliser has stopped working!

(Topic created on: 21-04-2022 12:55 PM)
janeyjaney
First Poster
Options

Hi, the equaliser on my smart TV has suddenly stopped working. I have tried resetting sound and taking back to factory settings. I contacted Samsung via chat and they had no solutions other than to pay for a costly 'repair'. The only thing that I can put it down to is the ITV app does not work on this model of TV and after I tried to use it the sound on my TV went crazy - loud, echoey and distorted. It also made the picture juddery and out of sync. I had to to do channel reset to get it back to normal. The equaliser definitely used to work! Any ideas? Thank you.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@janeyjaney: The Equaliser will be greyed out and unavailable when some Sound Modes are active. If you head to Settings > Sound > Sound Mode, and set this to 'Standard', you should then be able to access the Equaliser via Sound > Expert Settings > Equaliser. Please close any apps you have open when attempting these steps, as this can also restrict access to some picture and sound settings. 

0 Likes
janeyjaney
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew, no it's not greyed out.   Altering the equaliser settings makes no difference whatsoever.  They used to work and I simply don't understand why they don't now.  TV sounds rubbish without more bass.

0 Likes
ECO_DC
First Poster
Options

Did you ever get this resolved? I just purchased a 43in. The sounds comes out sounding like you are in a tube. 

0 Likes
ECO_DC
First Poster
Options

Equalizer is enabled. However, it does nothing. Sounds stays the same. SMH 

0 Likes
janeyjaney
First Poster
Options
Hi no I'm afraid not. The TV repair man suggested a new circuit board or some such but decided against that and am just putting up with the poor sound.
0 Likes
ncgirlfive
First Poster
Options

Having this happen on our 43" as well.  We've only had the TV TWO MONTHS and when I turned it on this morning it sounded like trash.  Nothing we have tried works.

0 Likes