Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE43AU7100 Can’t Record to HDD

(Topic created on: 07-08-2022 03:19 PM)
Dorsey22
Student
Options

I recently bought this tv and connected a non powered USB HDD to it. I don’t get a record option when in the guide and long press select but can see the drive when I press source. 
I have formatted the drive as it was previously used on another tv. Please help. 

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Dorsey22: To begin with, please head to Home > Settings > General > System Manager > Time > Clock, and make sure that the time is correct. If it is, please be aware that it is recommended to use a USB hard disk that supports USB 2.0 or later and 5,400 rpm or higher. RAID-type USB hard drives and USB memory sticks are not supported. You should also ensure that there is enough free space on the USB device, as the recording function won't be available otherwise. 

It is also worth noting that the recording function is only available for digital broadcast channels received by the TV, and is not supported on external devices, or Samsung TV Plus. 

0 Likes
Dorsey22
Student
Options

Thanks for the quick response. Everything is as you stated. The clock is auto so sets itself and it is a USB 3 drive which works on a 2021 LG tv. I formatted it to ntfs so hopefully that is ok. 
any other suggestions would be most welcome. 

0 Likes
pharwood
Apprentice
Options

Can you confirm that the UE43AU7100 supports recording programs to an external USB hard drive?

I have just bought this model and am having the same problem as Dorsey22.

I am using a reformatted hard drive that worked perfectly with my previous Samsung TV.

0 Likes