Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE40MU6400 Firmware 1147

(Topic created on: 07-11-2017 11:11 AM)
GuyL
First Poster
Options

After an initial flurry of firmware updates (luckily avoiding major problems but with some wobbles on motion handling which were pretty much resolved although not quite perfectly) my TV has been stable on firmware version 1138 for quite a while.

I'm taking a particularly conservative view on updating this TV after the problems with bad firmware but today it prompted me that version 1147 was available.

Would be very interested in any feedback from anyone using 1147.

Thanks

0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42
GuyL
First Poster
Options

I've been on FW v1250 for many months now. It's the best I've had for lack of motion jerkiness so I have ignored 1260 and 1270 as they might be worse and there is no way back. There are still minor issues with changing HDMI/Component source and also the Teletext screen size issue when changing source but anway the BBC in its infinite wisdom is shortly to cease the Teletext service so that knocks that issue down. One upside is it will mean even less reason to watch BBC channels at breakfast time!

Would be interested to hear of any advantages of v 1270 but am not tempted to update at present.

0 Likes
mr4
Student
Options
Hi there,
The solution was that someone sent by Samsung came to my house with a different remote control and accessed a menu that is otherwise hidden and managed to access an option to reset/upgrade the firmware. 
I asked the technician if I could have done it and said nope, you cannot get this remote controls. It took 5 minutes to fix as you can imagine. 

Mariano.
0 Likes
mr4
Student
Options

Hi there,

The solution was that someone sent by Samsung came to my house with a different remote control and accessed a menu that is otherwise hidden and managed to access an option to reset/upgrade the firmware. 

I asked the technician if I could have done it and said nope, you cannot get this remote controls. It took 5 minutes to fix as you can imagine. 

Mariano.

0 Likes