Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE40MU6400 Firmware 1147

(Topic created on: 07-11-2017 01:22 PM)
GuyL
First Poster
Options

After an initial flurry of firmware updates (luckily avoiding major problems but with some wobbles on motion handling which were pretty much resolved although not quite perfectly) my TV has been stable on firmware version 1138 for quite a while.

I'm taking a particularly conservative view on updating this TV after the problems with bad firmware but today it prompted me that version 1147 was available.

Would be very interested in any feedback from anyone using 1147.

Thanks

0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42
Rickbo
First Poster
Options

Mine just flashed up an auto update message saying it had upgraded to version 1147. Haven't noticed anything untoward yet but it's early days! Will update if I notice anything (good or bad).

0 Likes
joerolcor
Journeyman
Options
YES.. I have the QLED Q7F 55" and this recommended update came up. I cant find any details on what the update is doing.... my view is if it isn't broke don't fix it. I am gonna wait and see what the benefits are.
0 Likes
joerolcor
Journeyman
Options

I have not seen any details on it...  I am going to wait and see what this update is all about.

0 Likes
GuyL
First Poster
Options

Thanks to you and Rickbo - I will leave it for a week or so I think.

Although I leave auto update off for firmware updates, I do switch it back on just before doing a manual update, then switch it off again just afterwards.

I was told that the fiasco with a botched update was due to one particular firmware version going public with just basically the boot loader but no main program included. So after updating, your TV would boot to the Samsung splash screen and then sit there. In that situation, if you had auto update on then you could possibly recover when a corrected firmware went public replacing the bad one. But if you had auto update off you couldn't. Well, that's my theory but it may be completely wrong.

0 Likes
Mishi16209
First Poster
Options

I had an issue with Bluetooth audio not playing after the update. The speakers would connect but no audio was playing. Power cycle fixed it (unplugged power socket for a couple mins).

0 Likes
Serban
Journeyman
Options

It looks like this update broke some CEC functionality. My AVR doesn't turn on anymore when I start the TV.

The AVR still turns off when I turn off the TV, and the other features (volume control, arrows, etc) still work over CEC.

This is quite bad, because I have to start the TV, start the AVR and manually select the audio output back to HDMI every time.

It was working fine before the upgrade, now I'm wondering if I should return the TV or wait for another firmware update - which might or might not fix the problem.

I've tried a power cycle on the TV and AVR and factory resets on both.

Anyone facing this issue too?

GuyL
First Poster
Options

That doesn't sound good. I don't use that feature myself. When I was experiencing motion jerkiness I was told that Anynet was heavy on cpu usage and disabling it would leave more cpu for motion handling. However I think the motion jerkiness was improved in a later firmware.

I just use the basic remote and one issue I have had is that if I turn the TV off with it on an HDMI input and then when turning the TV back on that HDMI device is not operational, sometimes it is quite hard to navigate back to the direct TV input.

Another issue which has been there since my day 1 with the TV is that if you switch from TV to HDMI while displaying conventional teletext, the image is the same size as the teletext picture - ie about one quarter of the screen.

Still neither of those are show stoppers, just irritations.

0 Likes
creepyg
Explorer
Options

Yep, exact same problem here. I have the 55" version and now have the same problem since this FW update.

Worryingly, I had auto-update disabled but my tv still updated itself! 

Out of interest, what make is your AVR?

Mine's a Yamaha RXV679.

0 Likes
Rickbo
First Poster
Options

Hmm, I hadn't noticed anything untoward until you guys started talking about Anynet. I switched on my PS3 earlier and as expected, it also switched on the TV, however, it didn't switch to the correct input. I had to do it manually. Now, I'm not sure if this is because the cable was also on at the time (and so overrode the PS3) or if it's because of an issue. Annoyingly, I can't remember for certain if this has happened since day one! I'm have a play around and see if I can find anything else.

0 Likes