Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE40MU6400 Firmware 1147

(Topic created on: 14-11-2019 04:19 AM)
GuyL
First Poster
Options

After an initial flurry of firmware updates (luckily avoiding major problems but with some wobbles on motion handling which were pretty much resolved although not quite perfectly) my TV has been stable on firmware version 1138 for quite a while.

I'm taking a particularly conservative view on updating this TV after the problems with bad firmware but today it prompted me that version 1147 was available.

Would be very interested in any feedback from anyone using 1147.

Thanks

0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42
GuyL
First Poster
Options

Well, if I wasn't already convinced, your post has confirmed my intention to stick with 1138 for the forseeable future on the basis of "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

More years ago than I care to remember I was working in operating systems development for a computer manufacturer and we coined a phrase "ripple factor". This was intended to represented the ratio of new bugs unintentionally created for every bug fixed. A figure of 1 meant that for every bug fixed a new one was created which would be a disaster. Even 0.1 was pretty bad. So a lot of effort went into getting the number right down.

I wonder if the Samsung developers have a similar metric for Tizen.

0 Likes
Rickbo
First Poster
Options

OK, so this may or may not be firmware related but tonight I've noticed a recording issue. I set my Usb stick to record a film on one channel (Freeview 104, Channel 4 HD), which appears to be working fine. On flicking through the channels though to watch something else, I've discovered that (only on certain channels) I can't watch without stopping the recording. I should be able to watch another channel (in this case, 11) whilst recording but a handful of channels won't allow me to.

Anyone got any ideas?

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@Rickbo wrote:

OK, so this may or may not be firmware related but tonight I've noticed a recording issue. I set my Usb stick to record a film on one channel (Freeview 104, Channel 4 HD), which appears to be working fine. On flicking through the channels though to watch something else, I've discovered that (only on certain channels) I can't watch without stopping the recording. I should be able to watch another channel (in this case, 11) whilst recording but a handful of channels won't allow me to.

Anyone got any ideas?

Hi does it still record from the planner?

0 Likes
Rickbo
First Poster
Options
Not sure yet as still recording, however, it looks like the only channels I can watch while recording are the five 'terrestrial' HD channels (101, 102, 103, 104, 105). All other channels appear to be locked unless I stop recording. Seems a bit odd to me!
0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@Rickbo wrote:
Not sure yet as still recording, however, it looks like the only channels I can watch while recording are the five 'terrestrial' HD channels (101, 102, 103, 104, 105). All other channels appear to be locked unless I stop recording. Seems a bit odd to me!

Hi checked your issues on my 32 inchSAmsung spare TV and it worked perfectly recording and watching other channels. time shift and recording from the planner. Useing a 1 usb powered by tyhe TV.

Does not help with my65KS9500 which will not record from the planner.

0 Likes
Serban
Journeyman
Options

The HQ confirmed them that 1147 removed this functionality because... wait for it... they got a lot of complaints about 3rd party AVRs starting at a very high volume which is very unpleasant. So they decided to not start the AVR anymore and "just let me do this from the sound menu every time I start the TV" (quoted the workaround received from them).

They also said that Samsung bluetooth speakers don't start at a high volume so this function is still working with them (as if I'll replace my AVR and HiFi speakers twice the price of this TV with some plastic Samsung bluetooth speaker).

Looks like samsung is closing the ecosystem, very Appleish of them. Either that or they have a very very bad development team and they just don't want to admit they have bugs (or both).

0 Likes
creepyg
Explorer
Options

WHAAATT!?!? That's just unbelievable. It sounds like someone within Samsung making things up as they have no other answer rather than admit bugged firmware.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Sorry for folk who've had issues but hopefully vast majority solveable if not ideal. I've been fine and  just tested recording on to usb and  got it to work fine with 2nd stick, first I tried was deemed not fast enough. (tv only 3 purchased 3 weeks ago), though  I do have Skyq which is regularly used for recordings/downloads. The USB option will  obviously only work with Freeview and would only be needed if I wanted a pemanent recording (whilst lot of space with Sky Box if needs replaced shows can't be copied over).

However I did notice that I had not received the latest update via the Auto option after waiting a few days and so upgraded to 1151 via  USB.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

wobbly1
First Poster
Options

Samsung Live chat told mre to download

Upgrade File(USB type) ver 1250.5 (MULTI LANGUAGE)

and reset my handset by taking the batteries out and pressing the on button for 15 seconds

Still I can not schedule a recording or viewing

everything worked perfectly before

My TV is only 4 months old

Tesco direct has closed the suppiers Hughes refer me to Samsung their live chat wont respond so I have sent an email I will see what happens when I contact my credit card maybe they can help or maybe I'm being too optomistic

0 Likes
Shaun2342
Student
Options

Did you ever get a fix for this? Mine is now doing the same thing and customer service is worthless.

0 Likes