Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE40MU6400 - Curzon Home Cinema

(Topic created on: 16-10-2021 10:50 PM)
Area51uk
First Poster
Options

G'day

we are not netflix/amazon/whatever VoD junkies, just the occasional flick ... and we like what Curzon has to offer.. (not exclusvily hollywood c**p ) some exellent foreign language films that just won't get shown on telly.  i.e. the oscar nominated Quo Vadis, Aida  

and now the evenings are drawing in.... we're back in front of the box.

but, curzon home cinema seems to have died on our Sammy telly.   I emailed Curzon with a screenshot.. and ... no answer 😕

I thnk I know what the problem is - the app needs updating because...

For somereason it wants to talk with crz.suggestedtv.com - (probably ads/trails)
however this service is now dead with no DNS Record. 
ok... so I gave it a false AAA record via a local DNS to talk https with something, still no cigar...

as a sanity check, connectivity is fine, as iPlayer and other stuff works (uPnP/DLNA)

so, what's the score Samsung ? -
and how do I reinstall the app if it has been updated ? (can't seem to delete apps?)

Mark.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options

@Area51uk: To reinstall an app, head to Home > Apps > Settings (cog symbol in the top right corner) > Navigate to the Curzon app > Reinstall. If the app issues persist, try access Curzon on another compatible device, or contact their support team directly to enquire about any problems with the app, or any temporary service outages. 

0 Likes