Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

UE40MU6400 autotunes to wrong BBC channel

(Topic created on: 30-03-2021 03:42 PM)
squeezeboxman
Journeyman
Options

Hi. I have a UE40MU6400 which I have had for a few years now. It has the annoying problem of auto retuning away from my local BBC region, Yorkshire, based in Leeds, 20 miles away,  and retuning to BBC NE & Cumbria, which is based in Newcastle, some 80 miles away. It's really annoying. Is there any way I can stop it doing this ?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
squeezeboxman
Journeyman
Options

OK. I have done another factory reset and retuned without aerial, then a full retune. So far so good... The issue has not recurred - yet, but I will post again if it does.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @squeezeboxman You could try  a Factory Reset , an auto retune with the aerial removed ,-obviously reinsert afterwards.

However  if to no avail you may need to do a manual  retune, process explained here https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/manual-retune 

BBC Reception article here https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/help-guides/freeview/manual-retuning-to-restore-reception-or-missing... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
squeezeboxman
Journeyman
Options

Hi James,

I have done several factory resets over the last few months, the most recent was only 4 days ago (Sat) - and it retuned itself to the wrong region again yesterday (Tue).. It had swapped BBC1 Yorks (which was on ch1) to BBC NE & Cumbria and shifted BBC1 Yorks to ch801. I have done manual numerous retunes.. all to the same effect. I have even done factory resets and when the unit asks for a postcode, I have even given a Leeds postcode - and it still eventually retunes to NE... I@m at a loss how to continue..

Solution
squeezeboxman
Journeyman
Options

OK. I have done another factory reset and retuned without aerial, then a full retune. So far so good... The issue has not recurred - yet, but I will post again if it does.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @squeezeboxman  Glad  that appears to be a fix , however time will be the test.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
squeezeboxman
Journeyman
Options

Well... it's done it again !

Got up this morning (Sun 11th Apr) and it has again retuned the BBC1 channel ch1 to BBC1 NE & Cumbria and my 'local' channel BBC Yorkshire has again been relegated to ch803...  I'm wondering if it might be linked to weather and a transient  reduction in signal strength or even a complete loss of signal - however short-lived. I did notice a few channels were a bit 'blocky' this morning - although BBC1 Yorks on ch 803 was fine, so if they were being affected by a poor signal, BBC1 Yorks certainly wasn't.

I have since found a setting in the broadcast menu -

Broadcasting > Auto tuning settings > standby auto tuning

This seems to be enabled by default, so I have disabled it. Hopefully now, it will not now retune itself... I just means I may have to do a manual retune occasionally. fingers crossed...

0 Likes
Markroberts01
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue.  How was it resolved please?

0 Likes
squeezeboxman
Journeyman
Options

Hi. I resolved it by doing a full factory reset, making sure you get the right BBC1 channel you want on CH1. Then go into Settings

Settings > Broadcasting > Auto Tuning Settings > Standby Auto Tuning

Make sure this setting is OFF. It might mean that your set will not automatically pick up channel changes, so you might have to do a manual retune occasionally.

0 Likes