Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE40MU6120K

(Topic created on: 21-05-2020 04:30 PM)
Jeremydkp
Student
Options

UHD TV 6 SERIES 40' Model UE40MU6120K 

On all channels the aspect ratio seems to need adjusting.TV wirelessly connected to internet and accessing free view channels. A sharp edged vertical column on the far left hand side of the screen does not include the image. It is not a black column but appears to be related in some way to what is appearing in the image on screen but at a different resolution. I have attempted to adjust picture using remote without any success. Any help appreciated, thanks. Jeremy 

Jeremy
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jeremydkp
Student
Options

Hi - I appreciate the help

I followed the advice in the order provided:

1. Support - Support -Self Diagnosis - Picture Test disclosed no visible problem to me. I then went to Software Update as advised on screen. Running Update Now no new updates to be installed. Current version stated on screen to be 1280.
  2. I went to link provided and downloaded to USB stick T-KTMDEUC. Whilst waiting for zipped file to expand review further advice. Checked both Support - Self Diagnosis and  General - Start Setup and both greyed out and not available. 
  3. Plugged in USB but as uncertain about how to install contents of folder onto TV but given information on screen that software up to date decided to try switching off at the mains ahead of reset to factory settings before attempting software update.
  4. Screen resumed normal image display after turning TV on and off at mains.

Thanks for the information. I'm not sure why TV refers to having been updated to 1280.5 rather than 1280. Also curious to know more about udating from USB but unwilling to experiment at this point in time.

Happy that screen image now normal!

Thanks

Jeremy

Jeremy

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jeremydkp wrote:

UHD TV 6 SERIES 40' Model UE40MU6120K 

On all channels the aspect ratio seems to need adjusting.TV wirelessly connected to internet and accessing free view channels. A sharp edged vertical column on the far left hand side of the screen does not include the image. It is not a black column but appears to be related in some way to what is appearing in the image on screen but at a different resolution. I have attempted to adjust picture using remote without any success. Any help appreciated, thanks. Jeremy 

Hi @Jeremydkp   Can you do a picture test-     Support- Self Diagnoisis-Start Picture test . If ok will ask you to check if you have latest firmware and  adjust picture settings (though you seem to have done the latter)   The latest firmware is 1280.5 which became available in November 2019, if you do not have this itis advisable to download the file to USB and update your Tv via this link https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE40MU6120KXXU/ 

If this does  not affect the issue you can reset to the factory settings , available via the support Menu- Self Diagnosis  or General-Start Set  Up.  Sometimes switching off at the mains for a few minutes is also an idea.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Solution
Jeremydkp
Student
Options

Hi - I appreciate the help

I followed the advice in the order provided:

1. Support - Support -Self Diagnosis - Picture Test disclosed no visible problem to me. I then went to Software Update as advised on screen. Running Update Now no new updates to be installed. Current version stated on screen to be 1280.
  2. I went to link provided and downloaded to USB stick T-KTMDEUC. Whilst waiting for zipped file to expand review further advice. Checked both Support - Self Diagnosis and  General - Start Setup and both greyed out and not available. 
  3. Plugged in USB but as uncertain about how to install contents of folder onto TV but given information on screen that software up to date decided to try switching off at the mains ahead of reset to factory settings before attempting software update.
  4. Screen resumed normal image display after turning TV on and off at mains.

Thanks for the information. I'm not sure why TV refers to having been updated to 1280.5 rather than 1280. Also curious to know more about udating from USB but unwilling to experiment at this point in time.

Happy that screen image now normal!

Thanks

Jeremy

Jeremy
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jeremydkp  Glad screen image is now functioning  properly.  With regard to the firmware  TV models do not  seem to include the decimal point which is stated on the website, it will be the same software and does not require  a further update at this time.  However for future reference guide is here https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/update Guide 

Basically Insert USB memory flash drive  into USB port,turn on Tv- select support-Software Update- Browse Files on USB Hard Drive should appear. It should then start  updating once you select  Yes if new update found. When firmware upgrade is complete TV will turn itself off and On again.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes