Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE40F8000STXXU - does not power up past the 'smart tv' screen

(Topic created on: 24-04-2021 10:52 AM)
Phill94455
First Poster
Options

Hi, I'm hoping someone might be able to help.....When I switch on the tv it starts to power up then switches off with in 15/20 seconds and then continues to cycle on and off until you pull the power lead??

I have tried....

using a different power socket

using all the remotes and the tv's power button to turn the unit on

and spoken to Samsung who just passed me to a 3rd part repair centre for no doubt a very expensive repair bill.

I'm hoping there's a hard reset available that doesn't require accessing the tv's menu (which I cant get to)  or its a trip to Argos for a new tv.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Phill

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
redwan71
Pioneer
Options
Did you check the function in setting says turn on&of automatically or put it on timer mode which works automatically.
0 Likes
Phill94455
First Poster
Options

Thanks for having a look...sadly as the post states, i am unable to access the tvs menu as it does power up that far before switching off again. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Phill94455: Can you try pressing and holding the Power button on the remote control until the TV restarts, to see if you're able to reset the device in this manner? 

0 Likes
Phill94455
First Poster
Options

unfortunately this does nothing either, i have tried on both remotes and the moment i powered up it started on and off again 😢

0 Likes