Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE40ES5500KXXU

(Topic created on: 22-09-2020 05:15 PM)
rob171171
First Poster
Options

Hi

My UE40ES5500KXXU has being sitting, all boxed up for best part of three years, without being used. My Netflix has a very old version, and I dont seem to be able to update. I update the TV's s/w, I think, and it was telling me it was running something like 2007. When I check now the option (Menu - Support - Software Update) option is greyed out and not available. It is connected to internet. MY question is does the TV support latest Android s/w, and if so how do I update it so I can use latest Netflix, etc apps?

Regards

Rob

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @rob171171 

The latest software version for your TV model is 2010.0, so we need to make sure that you update to that version before checking anything else. When you last checked to update the TV, did you have the Smart Hub open? This could be why the 'Update' option was greyed out.

0 Likes
rob171171
First Poster
Options

Hi ChrisM. 

Thank you for reply. I just turned on TV and it is now doing a Smart Hub update now without being prompted. I will update on the version it updates to, once completed. 

Regards

0 Likes
rob171171
First Poster
Options

So it tells me Current Version is 002007 and when I try and do a Software Update Its says 'There are no updates for you at the moment'

0 Likes