Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ue40d6530wk

(Topic created on: 13-08-2018 08:33 PM)
Stevet29sab29
First Poster
Options

Have the samsung tv ue40d653wk and suspect faulty tuner also it crashes when on internet side freezing then switching its self off i need to if these tvs are worth sending in to be repaired or not .

Thanks 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Stevet29sab29.

Could you tell us the current software version of your TV? Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.

0 Likes
Stevet29sab29
First Poster
Options

Hi yes its T_Gaddeuc_1013.7,bt_g 

If that makes sense

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Stevet29sab29.

There is an updated software version available for your TV which is 1028.0. You can update this through the menu of your TV by going to Menu > Support > Software Update > Update Now.

Let us know how you get on.

Stevet29sab29
First Poster
Options
Thanks i tried doing this with the online button but it said no upgrade available please could you suggest another way of doing this thanks
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Do you have access to a computer, @Stevet29sab29? If so, the download file is available here and can be installed on your TV using a USB memory stick. Let us know if you're able to do this. 

LibMK
First Poster
Options

Samsung UE40D6530 - it is not playing ball. My son cannot access any apps like BBC player or Free View or Netflix (we are subscribers). It does give him All 4s so we are connected to the Internet.  All videos show Software Update but ours shows Software Upgrade but it is not clear how to do this. Thoughts please from the experts. Software Version: T-GASDEUC- 1016.0 BT-G. Thanks L

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @LibMK , Ican see that there is a new software version available for your TV. In this case, I would recommend updating it via USB. To do it, you will need to go to this link:https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE40D6530WKXXU/ Once there, scroll down to Download Manual, at the bottom click Show More. Please download the following files:

• Upgrade File(USB type) ver 1028.0 (ENGLISH): All OS 2015-06-24.

• Install Guide (.) ver 1.0 (MULTI LANGUAGE): Win XP/Vista/Windows 7 2012-04-02.

You can follow the Upgrade Guide for full instructions on how to update your TV via USB. You will also need a blank USB stick. After downloading the Upgrade File, make sure you extract the file from the folder. Keep in mind that this file is a “Self Extracting” one and needs Double clicking from a Windows PC to start the .exe file process. Also, make sure that you place the extracted file in the root directory of the USB stick. Once done, connect the USB to your TV's USB port. Turn the TV on, wait for one to two minutes, and follow the instruction displayed on the screen. Let us know how that goes. 

0 Likes