Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

UE40D6530 switches off by itself

(Topic created on: 12-05-2022 06:48 PM)
Vicenc
Apprentice
Options

Own this smart TV for 10 years. Since a few weeks ago, it turs off on its own after a few seconds.

Tried to connect it directly to the mains, a master reset bot no chance.

According to the Samsung service the problem is in the main board but they di not have spares. I do not want to throw it away and would like to repair it.

Does anybody know what are the components of the main pcb which must be replaced? Unfortunately I do not have the electronic diagram but have the tools and knowledge to do the repair.

Many thanks in advance for the help

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @Vicenc I imagine the situation is as the Samsung service centre described.  I take it you have the latest firmware,2015was the last time it was updated https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE40D6530WKXXU/    If there is no light flashing when it switches off definitely a fault.   Whilst may not much difference could try disconnecting for an extended period but I suspect the main  board is the issue.

Personally think it will be difficult to source the parts and after a decade Smart Tv's will tend to run into problems.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Vicenc
Apprentice
Options

Hi James

Many thanks for your reply. You were absolutely right. The culprit for the malfunction is the main board.

I have been trying to find either a brad new or a second hand main board to repair the TV which, by the way, is in excellent condition but so far no chance to find the BN41-01587E main board.

Any advice would be welcome if any other member of the community knows were I could source this main board.

Someone mentioned that a main board for any set of the 6500 series would do the job but unfortunately I  do not have access to those part numbers.

Anyway, many thanks for your reply.

Solution
Vicenc
Apprentice
Options

Good morning everybody

After a bad experience with a used main  board that I bought in Germany through ebay and that I returned for a refund, it seems that finally I found a solution. Company Teleserviss in Latvia repaired my main board and I have now under test but with no sign of previous malfunction so far. You will find the company in ebay with more than 2000 positive reviews. Arkadijs, has a professional repair workshop with specific tooling and machinery. You can find as well some examples in youtube. I obviously have no relationship with the company. I am writting just as a satisfied customer. Last but not least, the repair costs are more than reasonable.

Hope this will be useful to other members.

Have a good day!!

0 Likes
Solution
Vicenc
Apprentice
Options

Hi again

THis is just to report that another main board has been repaired by Arkadijs. This time my brother's smart TV model UE32D5500.

As with my board the communication has been very fluent end the repair process very quick.

As I posted before I have no relationship with this company other than that of a satisfied customer.

The Samsung technician who came home just told me to throw away both TVs, that there was no possible to repair them.

Just in case any other user has some troubles with the TV, I leave here the coordinates of the company.

Teleserviss

Owner:Arkadijs Ismaelis

Mobile phone/whatsapp: +371 2 923 49 39

e-mail: teleserviss@inbox.lv

0 Likes