Did you mean: 

Original topic:

UE40D6530 switches off by itself

(Topic created on: 10-04-2022 09:50 PM)
Vicenc
First Poster
Options
TV

Own this smart TV for 10 years. Since a few weeks ago, it turs off on its own after a few seconds.

Tried to connect it directly to the mains, a master reset bot no chance.

According to the Samsung service the problem is in the main board but they di not have spares. I do not want to throw it away and would like to repair it.

Does anybody know what are the components of the main pcb which must be replaced? Unfortunately I do not have the electronic diagram but have the tools and knowledge to do the repair.

Many thanks in advance for the help

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Maker ★
Options
TV

HI @Vicenc I imagine the situation is as the Samsung service centre described.  I take it you have the latest firmware,2015was the last time it was updated https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE40D6530WKXXU/    If there is no light flashing when it switches off definitely a fault.   Whilst may not much difference could try disconnecting for an extended period but I suspect the main  board is the issue.

Personally think it will be difficult to source the parts and after a decade Smart Tv's will tend to run into problems.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 4.0,Android 12 Official Version.

0 Likes
Vicenc
First Poster
Options
TV

Hi James

Many thanks for your reply. You were absolutely right. The culprit for the malfunction is the main board.

I have been trying to find either a brad new or a second hand main board to repair the TV which, by the way, is in excellent condition but so far no chance to find the BN41-01587E main board.

Any advice would be welcome if any other member of the community knows were I could source this main board.

Someone mentioned that a main board for any set of the 6500 series would do the job but unfortunately I  do not have access to those part numbers.

Anyway, many thanks for your reply.