Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE32T5300AKXXU - No iplayer or BBC app at all

(Topic created on: 29-05-2020 04:06 PM)
dnke
Apprentice
Options

Hi all

I have a brand new UE32T5300AKXXU (2020 model) Smart TV which I have set up but does not have any BBC apps at all.

I have followed the instructions and it has the latest software updates. I have reset the smart hub and changed the DNS server settings to 8.8.8.8 as recommended in the instructions.

When I search for BBC apps they do not appear in the search as though the TV doesn't even recognise them.

Can anyone help me get iplayer up and running (not so worried about the other BBC apps)

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
AnthonyMA
Apprentice
Options

Samsung is committed to bringing you the very best Smart TV experience. We are working with The BBC to ensure The BBC iPlayer Application delivers the best possible user experience on your new 2020 Samsung Smart TV

Why do I not believe them? Samsung becomes more unimpressive by the month. Curzon Home Cinema, which has appeared quite happily on previous Samsung TVs is also missing on this one.

0 Likes
Shaunf
Journeyman
Options

I purchased this TV a week ago and tonight it did a software update after which iPlayer was made available.

0 Likes
dnke
Apprentice
Options

Hi 

I am pleased you have got your TV to work. With great excitement I went to the software update today to find it said it was already up to date..but guess what..NO iPLAYER!

Phoned Samsung and the official reply is they are 'working with the BBC' on getting this sorted as soon as possible'. When I pressed for a timescale the lady refused to give one..that says to me it could be months, years or even never!!

Why release a smart TV for sale in the UK  called a 2020 model that doesn't support the most watched app? Come on, this is just crazy.

Do I just send it back? A pain I know.

0 Likes
Shaunf
Journeyman
Options

I didn't do anything other than turn on the TV and it did an automatic software update. Clearly the new software is available it's just a case of Sumsung pushing it out to everyone's TV so don't send it back just yet.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@dnke, Very strange. We've been advised that all 2020 T-Series TV's should have the iPlayer app now, so unsure why yours doesn't have it. 😕

What's the full software version on your TV? Settings > Support > About This TV.

And did Support run through any steps with you in that last call? If so, what were they?

dnke
Apprentice
Options

Hi Ant

I was told by the Samsung phone support that models 'below and including'  T5300 were not yet functioning with iPlayer. The software version following your instructions is:

T-KTS2DEUC  1113.8

The TV is set to update software automatically and when I tried to upsdate manually it said I had the most up to date version.

Thanks

TessM
Mastermind
Options

I can see that the TV software is up to date. Have my colleagues provided you with any other troubleshooting steps? 

AntS
Options

@dnke , Cheers! 

Just to confirm, for your TV the iPlayer app doesn't appear in either 'Recommended' or in Apps > 'Editor's Choice' ?

0 Likes