Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE32T5300AKXXU - No iplayer or BBC app at all

(Topic created on: 07-04-2020 11:28 AM)
dnke
Apprentice
Options

Hi all

I have a brand new UE32T5300AKXXU (2020 model) Smart TV which I have set up but does not have any BBC apps at all.

I have followed the instructions and it has the latest software updates. I have reset the smart hub and changed the DNS server settings to 8.8.8.8 as recommended in the instructions.

When I search for BBC apps they do not appear in the search as though the TV doesn't even recognise them.

Can anyone help me get iplayer up and running (not so worried about the other BBC apps)

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
AntS
Options

Hi @dnke , 🙂

Official Samsung statement on this one:

"Samsung is committed to bringing you the very best Smart TV experience. We are working with The BBC to ensure The BBC iPlayer Application delivers the best possible user experience on your new 2020 Samsung Smart TV. The application will be released at the very earliest opportunity, please accept our apologies for the delay."

0 Likes
BrianClarke
Student
Options

Hi, I just bought this tv as well - it was advertised as supporting iplayer.  Can you please let us know when it will be available- then I can decide whether to return the tv or not. Thanks

0 Likes
AnthonyMA
Apprentice
Options

Mine was delivered yesterday. The lack of the BBC app is beyond pathetic. It is also borderline fraudulent. You can't sell a TV that omits the nation's public broadcaster and not say to purchasers "Sorry, this TV does not support the BBC app, and we have no idea when it will". I bought mine directly from Samsung who really should know better. Any tips for a similarly sized TV that does actually work properly?

dnke
Apprentice
Options

I bought this TV at John Lewis online and the photo even shows the iplayer app on the screen.

It's a disgrace that a brand new TV doesn't have this app up and running before it's released.

0 Likes
dnke
Apprentice
Options

Hi Ant

Thanks for the info..but have you any idea when the iplayer app will work and how will I know when the problem's fixed? Will I have to do some sort of software download or will it update on its own?

Thanks

0 Likes
AnthonyMA
Apprentice
Options

I have no idea. I really find it difficult to believe that a company like Samsung has become so unhelpful. 

I imagine the app will come (if it ever does) by way of a software update. My unit is set to auto-update, as I imagine yours probably is as that seems to be the default. You can check in Settings / Support.

0 Likes
Shaunf
Journeyman
Options

This looks a very nice TV and I'm thinking of buying one, but has the iPlayer App been made available yet?

0 Likes
dnke
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Not that I know of...Mine is a second TV so I use the other if I want to see something on Iplayer.

I don't know how I will know when the problem's been solved. I have had no response from Samsung.

Apart from that..happy with TV.

0 Likes
BrianClarke
Student
Options

Can someone from Samsung help here please?

0 Likes