Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE32T5300 and Panasonic soundbar

(Topic created on: 29-03-2021 02:09 PM)
ImranAli
First Poster
Options

Hi All

I have a Samsung UE32T5300, with a Panasonic SC-HTB200 sound bar connected via HDMI. 20% of the time, the TV wont turn on the soundbar, I have to get up and press the power button on the soundbar, 80% of the time when I turn the tv on (via sky+ remote) get a message top right hand side of the screen, saying:-

Receiver (HDMI) Your audio device is connected to a port that does not support ARC. Please connect your device to the HDMI 2 (ARC) Port.

Thing, is the soundbar IS plugged into the ARC port otherwise it wouldn't turn of and on, had the tv reset via samsung remote help, support reset the HDMI ports, firmware was 1403.1.

In the end ended up swopping the Tv for a replacement, replacement TV has firmware 1410, and its showing exactly same message, tried multiple HDMI cables from cheap to expensive, annoying thing is the soundbar works flawlessly with the Panasonic GX800 downstairs.

IMG_20210305_085206.jpg

Why am I getting this message on the Samsung? The TV does turn the soundbar on and of and it works, it just displays the bloody annoying message! Can provide a video of it.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
ImranAli
First Poster
Options

So I take it Samsung have no answer and no one else has experienced this?

0 Likes