Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE32T4307 network drops out

(Topic created on: 01-05-2021 08:20 PM)
DuggleBB
Explorer
Options

Connected to wifi OK, tv runs for several days then get "No Internet Connection" when trying iPlayer/Netflix/Amazon etc.

Normally using the Network troubleshooter works, but sometimes only a complete reset will solve the issue, but then you have to re-install all the app connections, a real pain.

But why does this keep happening, signal is ~ -51db which should be sufficient

On top of no headphone socket, no

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @DuggleBB 

It might be worth changing the DNS settings within the IP Settings of your TV network configuration. Go to Home > Settings > General > Network > Network Status > IP Settings > DNS setting > Change to 'Enter manually''. You'll probably find you have this set to 0.0.0.0. With your arrow keys, change this to 8.8.8.8. and save. This should give you a more stable connection.

Let us know how you get on!

0 Likes
DuggleBB
Explorer
Options

Surely the "get automatically" should take the promoted DNS from the router when it uses DHCP.  In which case it should already be Google's DNS @ 8.8.8.8 with Google #2  (8.8.4.4) as secondary. Have set manually & will see if it makes any difference.

Issue ACTUALLY seems to be that the TV loses the WIFI router altogether, and claims it doesn't exist (or any other local SSID). As I said, sometimes a reset of the network config suddenly admits the SSID exists, sometimes I have to do a forced factory reset to get it so see ANY WIFI sources.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Did you change the DNS setting from 0.0.0.0.?

0 Likes
DuggleBB
Explorer
Options

Done that TWICE now, runs for several days then lose network. Usually going into the network settings immediately shows my local network, and it then reconnects and everything is OK, but only for a few days.

Getting boring, thought Samsung was Quality TV, my old Hitachi ran for 5 (FIVE) years and I NEVER had to reset the network

It's a bit like the HDMI settings, I can't get anything OUT of the TV, which was why I brought a  HDMI  to Audio lead, seems a waste of money as the TV Doesn't

0 Likes
DuggleBB
Explorer
Options

Still a cr*p TV, network disappeared AGAIN, can see router but it's forgotten the password (was working OK yesterday!)

Enter password, guess what, "can't connect to network".

However. Switch off at mains, wait 2 minutes, switch on again and AMAZING, network connection is available as if it had never disappeared. How absolutely absurd. And this is SUPPOSED TO BE a quality TV, what a joke!!

0 Likes