Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE32ES6300U Smart Hub losing Key Demand Apps

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 12:29 PM)
Ivan60
Apprentice
Options

Although this is now quite an old model, the Smart Hub has just updated a couple of days ago and another Key App has vanished from the list. Before the 2020 Christmas break, I lost My 5 and have not been able to restore it and yesterday All 4 has disappeared.

Its very clear that Samsung really don't want to know or speak to anyone, I have just tried to use their chat system and as soon as I completed my message it said no one availalbe. The Facebook Messenger link is now dead, so this is the only place to write anything and I am guessing that they can't be bothered to help. Really, why woulld you buy a Samsung anything, I won't be in future!

I have seen suggestions here and activated the possible solutions, those being: -

a) running a reset of the Smart Hub

b) making sure that the firmware is up to date (according to the servers it is)

I have also re-installed the Smart Hub.

The issue seems to be with the Automatic Smart Hub updates, the one before Christmas removed My 5 (at a cruisal time too) and the last one two days ago (there abouts) has removed All4

Samsung - if you are listening (but I doubt that you are) do something about this now.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Geoff-Hart
First Poster
Options

Hello Ivan, I have model: UE32ES5500K purchased in 2012. It came with BBC. ITV and YouTube hubs installed. YouTube disappeared in time but to be fair, there was warning messages stating that it would very soon no longer be supported. Much later All4 and 5 hubs appeared one day but now they are both gone. I did not notice when 5 hub went, but like your TV it must have been recently. All4 was gone when I opened the Samsung Smart Hub on Sunday evening. I have performed a reset but it has not returned. Maybe one day it will return, but I am not going to get stressed about it as I have long formed the opinion that all these digital devices are not anywhere near as 'smart' as they are said to be. In fact the less involvement I have with them, the better my life is. I am in my 68th year and so spent much of my happy life without the wretched things. Despite, everyone I know telling me that I should get a smart phone, I resist and I am happy with my simple little mobile that does only calls and texts. Don't worry about your TV, its all rubbish on there anyway!

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Ivan60   Firstly It is advisable  to check Samsung support for latest firmware on Tv's  as updates can be firstly available   for USB download before over the air on your TV.  the latest firmware for your set is 2010.0  which was released  May 2020.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE32ES6300UXXU/ 

If you do not have this it will help with some issues.

However  unfortunately All4/ My5  will no longer work with 2012 models  which includes the  ES6300.   https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faqs/category/36/device_used/386#:~:text=All%204%20is%20available%... 

https://help.channel5.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014349278-Samsung-2012-TVs-My5-app-closing-on-21st-Oc... 

Should you wish to view these services via this Tv your best bet would be an external device such as Roku,Amazon Firestick.   See more here https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/digital-home/best-media-streaming-box-3580569/ 

The Samsung community is primarily focused on members detailing experiences and helping each other, with input from staff.  I  am one of the members with Superuser status but am independent of Samsung.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Ivan60
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your response, its good to know that it will never work in some respects. It is really annoying though. This TV is actually quite good and there is nothing wrong with it. It was bought with those functions in mind. I might be wrong, but I am assuming that the lack of support for Smart Hub and Key Apps disappearing is part of their marketing ploy to make us buy an up to date model. Thats not going to happen! It just means that when this TV does eventually die, I will look at a different manufacture due to these issues. When I buy something like this, I expect it to be supported thoughout its actual life, not a set period of marketing life. As it happens, I have today ordered a stick that has all the working Apps on it, but I shouldn't really have to do that. I am fairly sure that there will be thousands of people in the Samsung world that will be thinking in similar ways to me, they are just going about business to lose as much as they can. That is going to be their loss at the end of the day. They need to learn to look after their customers, no matter how large or small they are.

Thanks for the info.

Ivan60
Apprentice
Options

Hi Geoff,

This is probably a 2012 model, but I think I purchased it early 2013. It has done very well and still works really well apart from the issues with Apps in the Smart Hub that is becoming less Smart by the day.

It just annoys me that you buy things with features that you would like or feel would be useful (and these are albeit I only use them less than monthly), then they start removing the Key Apps. I wouldn't mind if they removed half of the rubish Apps that say they are free but are really a subscription service. I don't do paying for more TV, as you say its all rubbish at the end of the day.  Unfortunatley, albeit I am also in my 60s, I am a bit of a Techi Anorak and have things like smart phones and several PCs of all types, so I like things to work. I have today, which broke my heart, spent a small amount of money on a stick that I can plug into the back that will give me those Key on Demand Apps. I just have to make sure that I don't get conned into buying into the subcriptions that you can have with it.  At just over £20, I think that I have paid enough (or more than enough). Nice to here from you.

0 Likes
Ivan60
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the Kudos. I bought a NOW TV Stick and really very surprised at how good it is. Loads of stuff on it, some paid naturally but you don't have to use them. As its owned by Roku, there is another set of channels that seem to be free to air. Still investigating all the elements. I've got both All 4 and My5 back though, via it - hoorah!!

0 Likes