Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UA55KU700 Firmware Update

(Topic created on: 03-04-2019 06:37 AM)
Dij0o
First Poster
Options

Hi everybody, sorry if this has been asked before, i searched but couldnt find anything along the same lines.

I have a TV model UA55KU7000, its failing to update OTA, so i wanna update it via USB but before i do, my question is do regions matter. By googleing my model i come accross austrailia's website where the version of the firmware is 1231.1 while in the US the version is 1232.4. However, i live in pakistan where i bought the TV and on the pk website the version is the same as austrailias.

I personally would want the latest version, so...

how do i determine my region? (the TV is wall mounted so to access the exact model number would be difficult)

does it make a difference which region i use?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @Dij0o , It is not recommended to use firmware from another region as there are differences.    Best to keep a check on  samsung support, probably won't be too long before a new version is available.  At the moment still 1231.1 https://www.samsung.com/pk/support/model/UA55KU7000RSMZ/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.