Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UA-85JU7000 horizontal grey line

(Topic created on: 19-03-2023 09:40 AM)
altaweel
First Poster
Options

I have a horizontal grey line only on white and normalizes/ improves when colored objects are in play. Seams to be burnt/weakened white led panel. Pictures attached. I hope you may help me as it’s a real bummer especially considering other members are also complaining of their Samsung TVs developing these lines as it seams to be a manufacturing defect. I’m 100% sure it’s hardware and have done the picture tests.

Can I replace only 1 LED strip or is it going to be a whole new TV panel? Also, screen is 3D so will that add to the cost?

See first image with line and how line dissapears with second image:

66F1AC9F-E0C0-4F05-9200-BE837ACE3E4C.png

85C49800-E270-4627-9A07-4DB52962CCE8.jpeg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AsadM
Options

To guide you in the right direction, can you please confirm where you're based, @altaweel

0 Likes
altaweel
First Poster
Options

I currently reside in Saudi. I don’t want to know the contact information of the dealer as they are of no much help although I scheduled their visit. Any idea where I can order the parts for my TV online? What may the problem be and what are the parts I need? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

@altaweel, as the support available in the UK for products purchased in Saudi Arabia is limited, you can speak with our friends in Saudi Arabia for guidance on this. Their contact details can be found here: https://www.samsung.com/sa_en/support/ 

0 Likes
altaweel
First Poster
Options

If you had understood my reply before replying, you’d hopefully be able to see clearly that I have said that I don’t need to be shown the way to the local support website as I’ve already even said that they are visiting me. Unfortunately, I expected this reply from you from your 1st reply style and preferred not to reply to you. Sadly, I saw posts with many months where no one is replying on other forum members’ posts so I regretfully had to reply in worry that you’d be the only one replying today. I just want answers from forum members addressing my problem rather than obvious replies with no added value. Maybe there’s a way to replace an LED strip rather than the entire screen panel. Maybe some forum members have quotations on what cost I should be looking at.

0 Likes
Naseem Srour
Student
Options

Have you received any good help AlTaweel yet? Did the support service visit you yet? Did they say anything about why the problem happens? Maybe some component inside the TV?

(I'm also having a similar issue, and also my regional support service is useless, looking to see if you've solved it somehow yet)

0 Likes