Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV wont connect to hotspot

(Topic created on: 02-01-2023 02:15 PM)
lucypevensie
Journeyman
Options

Hello, I recently set up a secondhand iPhone 8 running OS 16.2  and my TV UE32T5300AKXXU will not connect to my personal hotspot running on EE. The IP settings are all empty apart from the Mac address which I do not know is correct or not. Wireless connection finds my hotspot network but will not accept the password for that.  Do you have any advice please? Thank you. 

11 REPLIES 11
AsadM
Options

Hi @lucypevensie, as a process of elimination, have you tried connecting your wireless Hotspot to a different device to see if it connects successfully? 

0 Likes
lucypevensie
Journeyman
Options

Hi, Thanks for the contact, Yes, it connects to my laptop.  

unitedlaptop
Explorer
Options
Turn on Bluetooth tethering and done
0 Likes
(1)
unitedlaptop
Explorer
Options
Try that
0 Likes
(1)
lucypevensie
Journeyman
Options

Thanks... Bluetooth on my phone wont connect to my Macbook air, the hotspot network on my laptop will only connect if the Personal Hotspot page on my phone is open. I don't think the tv has bluetooth

unitedlaptop
Explorer
Options
No it has just go into Bluetooth and turn on tethering then after go in Bluetooth list then connect
0 Likes
lucypevensie
Journeyman
Options

I dont see 'tethering' on my phone or laptop  Bluetooth on my phone only shows my macbook air and as not connected, if I click it the pop up window tells me the connection is unsuccessful  ...  but I am connected on the laptop via the personal hotspot... sorry not to quite understand what Im doing ...

0 Likes
lucypevensie
Journeyman
Options

Apparently, Samsung will not now recognise older iPhones using IOS 16.2 to connect via personal hotspots, and this is across all ranges of Samsung tv's! 

Guess I won't ever buy a Samsung tv again!  

0 Likes
lucypevensie
Journeyman
Options

to quote Samsung support  " Upon checking, the issue has occurred because the update to iOS 16 has changed the hotspot Wi-Fi security to support WPA3-SAE with no backwards compatibility for WPA2-PSK on some iPhone models. During testing we found that older iPhone models (iPhone 7) with iOS 15 installed work OK with a Samsung TV however some newer iPhone models with iOS 15 installed no-longer support connection to a Samsung TV via a Wi-Fi hotspot. Please advise the customer to contact the vendor of their iOS device for further support."

Pah!!