Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV won't turn on - standby light blinking

(Topic created on: 24-07-2020 02:15 PM)
Rob369
Apprentice
Options

Brand new UE70TU7 100K - 70” 4K UHDTV - worked for 4 hours, then turned itself off - now just getting a blinking red standby light and black screen on/off issue - poor quality products, never buy another one - may as well throw money in the bin - that’s all these TVs are worth (this is the 2nd samsung tv in a month - the last one was delivered with a damaged screen)

6 REPLIES 6
Tummons51510
First Poster
Options
screens gone dude had mine fixed couple of weeks ago thought it was the main board turns out was the screen
Rob369
Apprentice
Options

Thought as much - thanks for confirming (getting fed up of Samsung already - 2 TV's now)

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Rob369  Sorry you have has a bad experience, however whist some customers  indeed have issues  there are satisfied Samsung owners out there  though that may not be of much comfort.    Whilst it may be the screen or the board I suggest you try the following troubleshooting:

Ensure  power cable is secure and If you have not done so already can you try another socket, just to rule out any issue there.  If not the problem assuming you cannot do factory reset, disconnect all devices and switch off Tv at the mains before trying again.

If to no avail then I would suggest contacting Samsung Support.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Rob369
Apprentice
Options

Tried all that - went through it all with a Samsung advisor, have to return the TV

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Rob369  oh right, thanks for confirming. Hopefully a satisfactory resolution.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
kamzain
First Poster
Options
You taking the *****
0 Likes